- Youth Sports and Fitness – Joint Base Lewis McChord
- City and Installation Guide (New)
- Installation Listings (new)
- Youth Sports and Fitness - Joint Base Lewis McChord
Youth Sports and Fitness - Joint Base Lewis McChord
Youth Sports & Fitness
The Youth Sports & Fitness Program hosts recreational leagues that are inclusive of all youth who want to learn the fundamentals of the game and to have fun. The sports program focuses on the following:
- Leadership, sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Programs based on the well-being of children/youth.
- Skill building and increased self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Reduce the likelihood of situations and behaviors that put children/youth at risk to include providing a drug, tobacco and alcohol-free environment at all child/youth sports activities.
Make sure your Family is registered with Parent Central Services, after registration is completed, then you may enroll in the sport of your choice through Parent Central or WebTrac. All youth athletes must have a copy of a current health assessment/sports physical at the first day of practice that's valid through the entire season. Enrollment fees vary depending on each sports program. Forms can be downloaded from WebTrac for enrollment at Parent Central. Health Assessment Form.
Basketball & Cheerleading
Special Olympics Washington (SOWA)
Flag Football & Cheerleading
Fall Soccer 2020 packet for parents | Letter for parents
Fall Soccer 2020 packet for coaches
Volunteer Youth Sports Coach
Coaches are trained and certified through the National Association of Youth Sports. The NAYS organization is a volunteer coach training program that is designed to sensitize volunteer coaches to their responsibilities and hold them accountable to a strict code of ethics and conduct. All coaches have background clearance checks and are screened through the Army Central Registry, MPs, CID and Alcohol and Drug Prevention programs for any reported misconduct involving children. Training includes psychological and emotional needs of youth, safety and first aid, conditioning and nutrition, teaching proper sports techniques and drug awareness. Volunteer coaches are always welcome for all sports programs.
Forms must be hand-delivered to the Youth Sports Office.