Yokota High School
Yokota High School opened in 1973. The school derives its name from the Yokota family that reportedly owned most of the land that stretches from Fussa to Tachikawa station. According to the legend the family provided its land to the Imperial Japanese Government who transformed it into a military bas. US forces began operations there in 1945.