- UNITE Program- Ramstein Air Base
UNITE Program- Ramstein Air Base
Community Cohesion Team 86FSS.FSC.SpecialEvents@us.af.mil
In August 2016, Air Force Chief of Staff (CSAF) General David Goldfein released his letter to Airmen titled “The Beating Heart of the Air Force… Squadrons!” The UNITE Program was developed to provide squadron leaders with the maximum flexibility to deliver programs that build cohesion for personnel within their unit. This includes assigned Active Duty and both APF and NAF Civilians.
WHAT WE OFFER
FY20 Allocations per Person
APF: Participation Costs (Activity, equipment rentals, program supplies, decorations, etc. *Funding CANNOT be used for prizes.) NAF: Food Allowance (One meal & one non-alcoholic beverage. *Meal must be used in conjunction with a UNITE event.)
*UNITE funds CANNOT be used to augment holiday parties on or off the installation. Units are responsible for expenses that exceed the allotted amount. UNITE funds CANNOT be combined with Unit Enhancement Funds or SM&W Funds. Private Organization funds may be used.
Host your first UNITE event in 4 easy steps!
- Complete the POC Appointment Letter Squadron Commanders will appoint a squadron UNITE POC, in writing. POC Appointment Letter Email completed form to: 86FSS.FSC.SpecialEvents@us.af.mil
- Event Planning Worksheet Meet with your installation C3 to discuss your objectives, event ideas, and complete the Event Planning Worksheet. AFSVA event approval may take up to 30 days.
- Have Fun at Your Event!
- Submit After Action Information Squadron UNITE POC is responsible to provide a detailed After Action Report(AAR) within 2 business days to finalize your event.
Types of Events
- Ready to Execute (RTE) RTE programs are pre-approved and easy to implement. FSS related events should be considered first.
- Unit Developed Programs (UDP) Squadron leaders are given the discretion to create UDPs that capitalize on opportunities available on base and in the local area. UDPs require approval and may take up to 30 days.
- Free/Volunteer Charitable work provides a cost-effective team building activity that allows co-workers to see each other in a new light and can make a real difference in your community. Free events do not need approval, but we will need to capture the