- Survivor Outreach Services Fort Bragg
Survivor Outreach Services Fort Bragg
- Our Fallen Soldiers have paid the ultimate sacrifice. Families deserve our respect, gratitude, and the very best we can provide. If you’re a surviving Family member, Survivor Outreach Services (SOS) offers you access to support, information, and services, closest to where you live, when you need it, and for as long as you need it.
Survivor Outreach Services is part of the Army Casualty Continuum of Care. It’s designed to provide long-term support to surviving Families of Fallen Soldiers. Our goal is to reassure Survivors that they remain valued members of the Army Family.
Survivor Outreach Services helps in many ways:
- Support Coordinators. The loss of a loved one often results in tremendous grief, which can be overwhelming. When faced with a tragedy, you may be wondering what direction to take. Your SOS Coordinator is your link to finding the resources and answers that will work best for you. Your local Support Coordinator is available to meet with you as you journey through this difficult transition by providing direct services as well as information, referrals, and recommendations. He or she can also connect you with support groups, spiritual resources, and bereavement, and financial counselors. Your SOS Coordinator can also help you request and obtain copies of documents, navigate local, state, and federal agencies, and direct you to additional Survivor resources.
- Financial Counselors. In times of emotional distress, figuring out what to do about finances can create a heavy burden. Survivor Outreach Services Financial Counselors provide professional financial information and services in areas such as investing, estate planning, tax issues, and basic budgeting. Our Financial Counselors are committed to helping you create financial security. They also help ensure you get the information you need to make sound financial decisions.
- Gold Star Advocates provide support and address complaints about casualty assistance or receipt of benefits.
For more information about Army Survivor Outreach Services, or to locate your nearest SOS Coordinator, call toll-free +1 (855)707-2769.
To learn about the symbols of honor surviving military families wear, visit www.GoldStarPins.org.
- Survivor Outreach Services on Fort Bragg
- The mission of Survivor Outreach Services (SOS) is to advocate on behalf of all families who have suffered the loss of a Soldier and to educate the community about the Survivor Outreach Services Program.
The program strives to build a unified support program that embraces and reassures Survivors that they are continually linked to the Army Family for as long as they desire.
We provide an avenue of resources to include support groups, bi-monthly newsletters, information briefs, and social activities.
For more information on Survivor Outreach Services on Ft. Bragg, contact the local SOS Coordinator at +1 (910)396-0384.
- Support Groups
- Support Group will be held on the 1st Thursday of every month at 10 a.m. Call us for more information at +1 (910)396-0384.
- Newsletter and Events
- Helpful Resources
- Army Casualty Website
- American Widow Project
- Comfort Zone Camp
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS)
- Gold Star Mothers
- Gold Star Wives of America
- My Army Benefits
- Social Security Administration
- Society of Military Widows
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS)
- Va Bereavement Counseling