- City and Installation Guide (New)
- Installation Listings (new)
- Relocation Readiness Program Fort Benning
Relocation Readiness Program Fort Benning
Moving is a part of life for Soldiers, civilian government employees, and their Families. The Army Community Service Relocation Readiness Program is here to help with a comprehensive support system, whether it’s your first move or the last of many. We have all kinds of information and resources to help you and your family navigate your next military move.
Your first stop should be your local Army Community Service Family center to meet with a Relocation Readiness Program Manager who can get you started.
Welcome to Fort Benning! If you are new to the installation, join us for the weekly Newcomers Orientation from 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the ACS Auditorium. All Military personnel, family members, and civilians are invited. Here you will learn about resources, programs, activities, and organizations on the post and all across the Chattahoochee Valley. Spouses are encouraged to attend, and children are welcome. Refreshments provided.
Relocation counseling is provided for individuals and groups. It is available to both in and outbound personnel with a primary focus on pre-departure counseling, relocation planning, and personnel preparing for their first PCS move.
The Lending Closet has basic household items available for Soldiers and families while their household goods are in transit. Items include basic kitchen equipment, high chairs, pack-n-plays, sleeping mats, microwaves, ironing boards, irons, and alarm clocks. You may borrow for up to 30 days when you present your orders to Fort Benning, an ID card, and a unit POC.
We provide active duty, Reserve, and National Guard Soldiers and their families access to community services regardless of language or cultural differences. We strive to minimize cultural and language barriers while enhancing the quality of life by providing language development, cross-cultural training, and cultural mediation skills to assist with a smooth transition into the local area.
Do you need information on getting your driver’s license or registering in English as a Second Language? Or perhaps you would like to meet new people that share your native language? Would you be interested in assisting in translating or interpreting of your native language for someone who does not feel comfortable speaking English? If so, visit Building 7 or call 706-545-4485.
Is your spouse deployed, on an unaccompanied tour, or TDY for longer than 60 days? Join the Fort Benning Hearts Apart group to connect with other families and conquer prolonged separations. We can assist you with your needs, answer questions, and provide you with updated community information. For more information, call 706-545-0403.
Citizen Support Group
This class offers information about the U.S government, history, and American customs needed to pass the citizenship test. Available to active duty Soldiers, family members, Army National Guardsmen, and Reservists. For more information, visit Building 7 or call 706-545-4485.
We meet from 9-10:30 am Mondays and 1-2:30 pm Thursdays.
PCSing overseas? How exciting! We will help you make this transition smooth and enjoyable. Representatives from the following organizations will participate:
- ACS Exceptional Family Member Program
- School Liaison
- Claims (JAG)
- ACS Pre-Move Financial Workshop (mandatory for E-4s and below)
- ACS Relocation
Dates: Fourth Thursday of each month. Location: Building 7, 7117 Baltzell Avenue Time: 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Reservations required. Call +1(706) 545-4485.
The Total Army Sponsorship Program helps Soldiers, civilian employees, and family members during the relocation process. Attendees learn the various elements of the sponsorship program, including how to be an effective sponsor and where to find information incoming personnel may request. Available to Soldiers, Army National Guardsmen, Reservists and civilian employees interested in becoming sponsors.
- New to the Military? Do you have questions about your benefits and entitlements? What are my housing options? You will find the answers to these questions and more at this link. MilitaryOneSource Moving Information
- Military Installations: Moving to a new assignment? Here you can view resources, articles, photos, major unit listings, and contacts for programs at your next duty station.
- Plan My Move: Take charge of your PCS move. Plan My Move provides you with access to information about your entitlements and benefits, points of contact, checklists, planning tools, and information on education and employment. Plan My Move will put you and your family in charge of a smooth relocation to your new duty assignment. Fill in the following information about your move, click “Get Moving” and we will get started. If your new assignment cannot be found, select a nearby installation.