- Privately Owned Firearm Range – Fort Campbell
- City and Installation Guide (New)
- Installation Listings (new)
- Privately Owned Firearm Range - Fort Campbell
Privately Owned Firearm Range - Fort Campbell
The Privately Owned Firearm Range is open for all authorized users.
We are utilizing appropriate social distancing and sanitizing procedures as well as limiting the number of patrons. Patrons must wear a mask when inside office areas.
Limited rental equipment will be available.
All forms of payment accepted.
Types of Ranges
Three (3) Lanes of eight (8) Pop-Up Targets ranging from 7 to 30 yards.
Seven (7) Sniper Lanes of Iron Maiden Targets ranging from 218 to 800 yards.
Five (5) Concrete Bays, 75 yards long.
Eighteen (18) Sand/Fox Holes with Target Frames at 25 yards. (Range 15 overflow)
EFFECTIVE 01 May 2019
|Range Fees||Active Duty||Retired Military||DoD/Civilian|
|Pistol, Rifle & Shotgun Daily Rate||$7||$8||$10|
|Pistol, Rifle & Shotgun 5 Visit Punch Pass||$30||$35||$45|
|Pistol, Rifle & Shotgun 10 Visit Punch Pass||$60||$70||$90|
|Pistol, Rifle & Shotgun 25 Visit Punch Pass||$145||$170||$220|
|Steel Target Rental 2 Hours||Steel Target Rental All Day||Safety Classes|
Fort Campbell MWR Privately Owned Firearms Range
SAFETY REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES
1. All new Privately Owned Firearm (POF) patrons on Range 16 must receive a safety brief and range brief given by the Range Safety Officer (RSO).
2. Shooters will keep firearms pointed up and downrange at all times.
3. All firearms will be fired at an angle of 10 degrees or less.
4. Shooters will not go beyond the firing line for the purpose of firing.
5. Shooters are not allowed to fire outside of the right and left limit markers. (Markers are set at 275 yards and 550 yards.)
6. All shooters will fire from the designated firing line on each range.
7. Shooting Bays: Shooters will only move down range 50 meters with coach following.
8. All shooters will go downrange together to check targets. If a person elects not to go downrange, he/she will then clear their weapon and place it on the stand/sand bag and step back away from the firing line until everyone has returned. Do not pick up weapon until all shooters are back from downrange.
9. All shooters using Range 16 will pick up their brass, ammo and trash before leaving (scrounging of brass is strictly forbidden).
10. Spectators are not authorized within 10 feet of shooters and/or firing line.
11. No alcohol is allowed anywhere on the range.
12. Smoking is only authorized in designated areas.
13. Any flagrant violations of safety or the rules, will result in a shooter being asked to leave.
14. The operation of Fort Campbell MWR Privately Owned Firearms Range is a business. There will be no selling of guns, ammo and/or shooting supplies except by MWR staff.
All personnel (including but not limited to Active Duty, Retired, National Guard, and Reserve military and their Family members; Department of Defense employees and their Family members; and Civilians who are not affiliated with Fort Campbell) who desire to maintain, frequently use, or transport a privately owned weapon on this installation will register the weapon(s) with DES.
Registration of the weapon does not replace or relieve individuals of their responsibility to comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding possession, purchase, sale, transfer, and transport of weapons.
All firearms brought onto the installation will be registered with the DES, VISITOR CONTROL CENTER (VCC). Weapons to be registered are NOT TO be brought to the T.C. Freeman (Gate 4) or Gate 7 Visitor Control Centers or Building 94C (Town Center). Only the form bill of sale or other documentation indicating the make, model, and serial number is necessary.
Firearms Registration Form - Printable PDF (Print, Complete and Submit)
(Note: Firearms will not be transported inside the VCC building.)
All firearms must be declared upon entry onto Fort Campbell and Weapons Registration Permit verified when entering the access control point (gate).
If you are declaring a firearm at the point of entry, all personnel will pull directly to the guard booth for processing.
All firearms must be unloaded and properly stored. Privately owned firearms carried in vehicle will be secured in the trunk. For vehicles without a trunk, firearms will be encased in a container.
Carrying concealed personal firearms on Fort Campbell is strictly prohibited. State concealed weapons permits are not recognized or honored on the installation.
Restricted Caliber Information
|Up to .300 Winchester Magnum Allowed|
|.338 Lapua Magnum Restricted|
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Civilians use Range 16?
Yes, as long as you pass inspection through the Fort Campbell T.C. Freeman Visitor Center located at Gate 4 you can use the range. You will need to provide a Driver's License, Vehicle Registration, and Proof of Insurance. If you're bringing weapons, fill out the Weapon Registration Form located under the Range Information tab. Address any further questions about post access to the Visitor Center (270)798-5047.
Does POF @ Range 16 rent guns?
Yes, we offer a small variety of pistols and rifles listed under the Gun Rentals tab. We have doubles of most in case you want to compete against your friend.
Can I bring my child to the range?
Yes, but they have to be age nine (9) and up to be allowed on the firing line and must watch the safety video like everyone else. Ages eight (8) and below are not allowed on the firing line or allowed to fire any guns at this range.
Are full automatic weapons allowed?
Can I bring my own targets/frames?
Yes. Clean up after yourself.
Are shotguns allowed?
Yes, but you can only shoot at your own targets and frames. Check with the Range Safety Officer prior to using a shotgun.
|Beretta 92 FS||9mm|
|DPMS AR-15 (Carry Handle)||5.56/.223|
|Glock 22 Gen4||.40 S&W|
|Rock Island 1911 Standard||.45 ACP|
|Ruger 357 GP100||.357 MAG|
|Ruger 357 SP101||.357 MAG|
|Ruger MK III (Heavy)||.22 LR|
|Ruger MK III (Slim)||.22 LR|
|Savage MK II G Bolt 20.75"||.22 LR|
|Springfield M1A||.308 (7.62x51mm)|
|223 Ammo (5.56mm)||$7.25||Box|
|22 LR Ammo||$5.25||Box|
|40 S&W Ammo||$16||Box|
|308 Ammo (7.62x51mm)||$22||Box|
|45 ACP Ammo||$19||Box|
|357 MAG Ammo||$25||Box|
|357 SIG Ammo||$35||Box|
|12ga 3" Turkey||$11||Box|
|12ga 2 3/4 Turkey||$9||Box|
|Outers Gun Oil||$2.50||Each|
|7" Hi Vis Targets||$1||Each|
|12" Hi Vis Targets||$1.50||Each|