- City and Installation Guide (New)
- Installation Listings (new)
- New Parent Support Program- Yuma Proving Ground
New Parent Support Program- Yuma Proving Ground
New Parent Support Program
The New Parent Support Program (NPSP) promotes healthy Families through a variety of services including home visits, support groups, and parenting classes. We help Soldiers and Families learn to cope with stress, isolation, post-deployment reunions, and the everyday demands of parenthood. Army Families who are expecting a child or who have children up to age three can participate in all of our services confidentially and free of charge.
Each installation has developed unique New Parent Support Program services that include:
- Home visits: Scheduled at your convenience, home visits bring you education and reassurance right to your own home on many topics, including breastfeeding, sleeping, nutrition, potty training, age-appropriate discipline, developmental screenings, sibling rivalry, stress management, deployment issues, and time management. NPSP-Home Visitors are supportive and caring licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs) or registered nurses (RNs). They have extensive experience working with young children and are sensitive to your unique challenges as a military Family.
- Expectant Parent Workshop: Helps to provide valuable information about pregnancy and postpartum health, basic infant care, infant massage, parenting skills, safety, discipline, stress management, deployment issues, and community resources.
- Playgroups: Scheduled regularly at installations, they help children learn through play in a supportive atmosphere that benefits parents as well. Activities include storytime, crafts, and music.
- Military Homefront: A free weekly parenting email with support, tips and advice, updates about your baby’s developmental milestones, and other great information curated just for you.
Contact your installation Army Community Service (ACS) Family Advocacy Program for more information. You can also call Military OneSource for more information and referrals (CONUS: +1 (800)342-9647; OCONUS: 00-800-3429-6477; To call collect with operator assistance OCONUS: +1 (484)530-5908.