- Memorial Golf Course – MCAS Miramar
Memorial Golf Course - MCAS Miramar
ABOUT US Miramar Memorial Golf Course is situated in the heart of San Diego on Marine Corps Air Station, Miramar. It has hosted the prestigious Armed Forces Championship and boasts a regulation 18-hole golf course, expansive clubhouse, driving range practice facility, putting green, chipping green, and short game area. In addition, Miramar is known for having some of the best greens in San Diego County. Come experience all of it today.
TEE TIMES As of Tuesday, January 1, 2019, the tee time reservation policy at Miramar Memorial Golf Course will be as follows: Monday-Sunday
- Active Duty Military may call for tee times eight (8) full days in advance
- Retired Military may reserve tee times eight (8) days in advance beginning at 1200
- DoD and Public may reserve tee times seven (7) days in advance
- Guests may book up to two (2) foursomes in advance. Otherwise, tournament reservation procedures apply and must go through tournament administrator.
- 100 percent I.D. check is in place. All patrons must show applicable I.D. to receive applicable rates and times.
- Active Duty will have priority on all standby lists
PRACTICE FACILITY Miramar Memorial Golf Course features an expansive practice facility featuring a large turfgrass tee driving range, an 8,000 sq. ft. putting green and additional dedicated chipping green. The facility also features a short game area for shots of 60 yards and in. Contact the Golf Pro Shop at 858.307.4155 to reserve this venue at no charge.
MIRAMAR ACTIVE DUTY GOLF PROGRAM Attention Active Duty Marines and Sailors stationed at MCAS Miramar There are three golf programs that were created just for you.
- Quality of Life Golf: Every Tuesday of the year, two hours after twilight starts, you may play for free. That’s right, $0.00 greens fee!
- Dollar Day: Every third Wednesday of the month all year long, golf any time of the day for just a $1.00 greens fee. That’s right, $1.00 greens fee!
- Free Active Duty (MIRAMAR ONLY) Golf Clinic: Every Wednesday of the year (excluding holidays) 1130-1300 and every Saturday of the year (excluding holidays) 1300-1400 and 1400-1500 at the Driving Range Practice Facility. The Free Active Duty (MIRAMAR ONLY) Clinics will feature instruction within the five games of golf including the Power Game, Putting Game, Short Game, Mental Game, and Course Management Game. Sign-up in the Instruction Center (located in the Golf Pro Shop) or contact the Director of Instruction at 858.307.4156.
Remember, only active duty personnel stationed at MCAS Miramar can take advantage of these programs, make a tee-time, sign-up for free clinics, have some fun, improve your game, and save money!
FITTINGS FREE Active Duty (MIRAMAR ONLY) Club Fitting is available by appointment using fitting carts of Callaway, Mizuno, Ping, TaylorMade, and Titleist for irons, woods, hybrids, and putters. Contact the Director of Instruction at 858.307.4156 to schedule your club fitting appointment.
DOD and Public: $55.00
Junior (17 and below): $30.00
Remember, only active-duty personnel stationed at MCAS Miramar can take advantage of the FREE Active Duty Club Fitting program.
|E-5 and Below (Active Duty)||$11||$12|
|E-6 to O-3 (Active Duty)||$22||$23|
|O-4 and Above (Active Duty)||$24||$25|
|Retired Military Personnel||$26||$28|
|E-5 and Below (Active Duty)||$9||$10|
|E-6 to O-3 (Active Duty)||$16||$18|
|O-4 and Above (Active Duty)||$18||$20|
|Retired Military Personnel||$20||$22|
|GOLF CART AND OTHER RENTALS|
|Weekday or Weekend|
|Lesson Rates (individual)|
|Military Active Duty or Retired||$45||$180 series of 5 lessons|
|DoD and Public||$55||$220 series of 5 lessons|
|Junior (17 & Below)||$30||$120 series of 5 lessons|
FREE Active Duty (MIRAMAR ONLY) Golf Clinic Program
Every Wednesday of the year excluding holidays 1130-1300 and Every Saturday of the year excluding holidays 1130-1300 and 1400-1500 at the Drive Range Practice Facility. The free Active Duty clinics will feature instruction within the 5 games of golf including the power game, putting game, short game, mental game, and course management game. Sign-up in the instructional center located in the golf pro shop or contact the director of instruction at 858.307.4156.
|Lesson Rates: Individual|
|Military Active Duty or Retired||$45||$180 Series of 5 Lessons|
|DOD and Public||$55||$220 Series of 5 Lessons|
|Junior (17 and below)||$30||$120 Series of 5 Lessons|
|Lesson Rates: Semi-Private (2 persons)|
|Military Active Duty or Retired||$60||$240 Series of 5 Lessons|
|DOD and Public||$75||$300 Series of 5 Lessons|
|Junior (17 and below)||$40||$160 Series of 5 Lessons|
|Lesson Rates: Group (3 persons)|
|Military Active Duty or Retired||$72 | $24 per person||$288 Series of 5 Lessons|
|DOD and Public||$87 | $29 per person||$348 Series of 5 Lessons|
|Junior (17 and below)||$48 | $16 per person||$192 Series of 5 Lessons|
|Lesson Rates: Group (4 persons)|
|Military Active Duty or Retired||$92 | $23 per person||$363 Series of 5 Lessons|
|DOD and Public||$112 | $28 per person||$448 Series of 5 Lessons|
|Junior (17 and below)||$60 | $15 per person||$240 Series of 5 Lessons|
|Lesson Rates: Group (5 persons)|
|Military Active Duty or Retired||$105 | $21 per person||$420 Series of 5 Lessons|
|DOD and Public||$130 | $26 per person||$520 Series of 5 Lessons|
|Junior (17 and below)||$70 | $14 per person||$280 Series of 5 Lessons|
|On-Course Instruction (Individual)|
|Military Active Duty or Retired||$45||2-3 Holes|
|DOD and Public||$55||2-3 Holes|
|Junior (17 and below)||$30||2-3 Holes|
All individual, Semi-Private, Group, and Lesson Series are 45 minutes in duration.
Lesson Sign-up is available within the Golf Pro Shop Instructional Center or contact MCAS Miramar Memorial Golf Course, PGA Director of Instruction, Michael Flanagan at 858.307.4156.
PUBLIC All public Tee times must be made 24 hours in advance (minimum). Call Pro Shop for details at (858) 307-4155.
• Friends of Miramar
For public who wish to utilize Miramar Memorial Golf Course Facility for play, driving range practice facility, or instruction, follow the following steps to become a Friends of Miramar Golf Program Form upon your first visit to the golf facility or:
1: You may pick up the Friends of Miramar Golf Program form upon your first visit to the golf facility or download the PDF form below.
2: Once Friends of Miramar Golf Program Form is submitted you are subject to the screening process at that time.
3: Once Friends of Miramar Golf Program Form is approved, you will either be issued your card at the PMO Office, or be notified when you can pick-up your card at the PMO Office at Miramar Way Gate.
TOURNAMENTS Let MCAS Miramar Memorial Golf Course Host your next tournament event.
Whether you’re planning an affiliate club event, business or corporate outing, charity fundraiser, or just a group of friend’s golf outing, we will be able to handle your tournament needs. Our golf course and club amenities make MCAS Miramar Memorial Golf Course a great choice. Services include the following:
- A dedicated Golf Tournament Coordinator on site
- Food and Beverage Packages
- Personalized markers for Longest Drive, Closest to the Pin, Longest Putt, etc
- Personalized Scorecards
- Personalized Rule and Tournament Format Sheets
- Staged Carts for easy accessibility
- Professional Scoring
- Practice Range Services – additional fees may be required
- Awards, Prizes, and Presentation Accommodations
For Tournaments please contact: Grant Strobel, PGA – Head Golf Professional
(858) 307-7986 | Grant.firstname.lastname@example.org