- Main Library – MCAS Miramar
Main Library - MCAS Miramar
A vibrant learning, social infrastructure, MCCS Miramar Station Library supports both the quality of life and well-being of Marines and their families. Recently renovated with floor to ceiling glass study areas and a Makerspace, the Library is a cutting edge facility for collaboration, development, and experimentation.
With your Miramar Station Library card, you have access to:
- An unbiased collection of books, audio resources, magazines, and newspapers both virtual and in physical formats
- Over 102 databases and digital resources, including but not limited to: ebooks, audiobooks, digital magazines, foreign language learning resources, and full text research databases.
- An impressive bank of 15 public computers, 4 Marine Corp NMCI network computers, online database access, and free WIFI at your disposal
- Stunning study areas, reading nooks, a conference room, and a private Nursing area
- State of the art Makerspace Room: 3D Printers, virtual reality, coding robots, laser etching, sewing and embroidery machines, vinyl cutters.
- 3D Printing classes & Makerspace programs
- A diverse collection of GED, SAT, GRE, GMAT, CLEP, ASVAB, and DSST test preparation resources both online and in physical formats.
- Access to both physical and digital copies of the current Commandant’s Reading List.
- A packed calendar of Children’s Programming and Events:
- Traditional library services: Scanning, printing (10 page limit), photocopying, faxing, and an after-hours book drop available at the front of the library.
The Library will be CLOSED on the following Federal Holidays: • Labor Day • Columbus Day • Veteran’s Day • Thanksgiving Day • Christmas Day