- City and Installation Guide (New)
- Installation Listings (new)
- Child Development Centers NB Kitsap-Bremerton
Child Development Centers NB Kitsap-Bremerton
Navy Region Northwest Child Development Centers are conveniently located at Naval Station Everett, Naval Base Kitsap Bangor, Naval Base Kitsap Bremerton (Infant & Toddler) and Bremerton in the Jackson Park Housing area, and Naval Air Station Whidbey. Between the four installations, we have the ability to provide care for approximately 604 children.
Following is a breakdown of available child care spaces:
- Naval Station Everett 152 spaces
- NBK Bremerton (Infant & Toddler) Center 56 spaces
- NBK Bremerton (Jackson Park) 332 spaces
- NBK Bangor 156 spaces
- NAS Whidbey 114 spaces
Child Development Centers (CDC) offer center based care for children 6 weeks to 5 years of age. Our centers are based on the developmental program model which focuses on play and its importance in a child's learning process. Our centers are also a part of the 7% of programs in the United States accredited by the National Association for the Education Young Children (NAEYC).
Care at our centers is primarily geared toward those needing full-time child care, although hourly care is offered on daily space available basis. Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance.
- Naval Base Kitsap has a national award winning Early Childhood Educational program at Naval Base Kitsap Bangor and in the Jackson Park housing area. The Child Development staff have worked hard to earn their Early Childhood Education Certificates and to expand their individual knowledge to work at better serving our military children. Parents can have a break through the Hourly Child Care program. The Navy Child Development Homes (CDH) also offers hourly child care for all eligible military audiences. The program is for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years and you can call 360-476-7484. Drop-in care (without reservations) will be available on a space-available basis only.
Fees for our programs are determined by DODINST 6060 and are based on Total Household Income (THI) and can be found online.
Fees may be paid monthly or on military paydays. Fees are listed per income category. A 20% discount is available for additional children in the same family.
Hourly Care is $4.00 per hour per child. There is no charge for the Youth Programs.
Respite Care is available on a case-by-case basis with special needs children having priority. For information concerning respite care, please call 360-315-3055.
Navy Exceptional Family Member Respite Care Program for families with category 4 and 5 status. For information, please call at 1-800-424-2246.