- Hickam Family Pool – Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam
- City and Installation Guide (New)
- Installation Listings (new)
- Hickam Family Pool - Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam
Hickam Family Pool - Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam
UPDATE (25 Sep): We apologize, an incorrect date for the reopening of Hickam Family Pool was inadvertantly posted. The correct date should be September 30. The Hickam Family Pool will reopen on under the following conditions and rules with respect to the on-going COVID-19 situation. Please refer to our COVID-19 tab for additional program updates.
Please take note of new policies and procedures we will be implementing to ensure proper social distancing and the safety of our staff and patrons:
1. Hickam Family Pool will be open to all authorized patrons. No guests will be allowed at this time.
2. Open swim will be limited to 4 families per time slot for an hour of swimming. We will also allow up to 5 “singles” in during each time slot. Time slots are as follows: - Weekdays: 3 - 4 p.m., 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. - Weekends: 12 p.m. - 1 p.m., 1:30 - 2:30 p.m., 3 - 4 p.m., 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. The facility will be closed for 30 minutes between groups for disinfecting.
3. Families are encouraged to show up at opening to sign up for swim times. At opening, the first four families will be allowed into the facility for their hour swim time. The remaining families in line will be signed up for the following time slot until all time slots are full. If all time slots are not filled at opening, walk-ins will be allowed. Families signed up for time slots will be given a 10-minute grace period after the start of their swim hour. If they do not show up within those 10 minutes and a walk-in family is waiting, the family who had signed up will forfeit their time slot.
4. Swim times will start at the scheduled time slot, not upon the arrival of the families. For example, if a walk-in family arrives at 1400, they will have 30 minutes to swim. There will be no “rollover” time into the following hour. The facility will be cleared at the end of every time slot regardless of if there are no families signed up or waiting. If there are no families signed up or waiting, families are welcome to exit the facility and wait in line to reenter the facility at the start of the next swim time.
5. Families will have 15 minutes after their hour time slot to gather their belongings, rinse off in the outdoor shower area and exit the facility while Aquatics staff disinfect the facility.
6. Each family will be assigned their own table and “quadrant” in the first section of the pool. Adults and children under the age of 18 that have passed the Navy Youth Swim Test are welcome to swim in other areas of the pool.
7. Navy Youth Swim Tests will be offered. Each child under the age of 18 will be allowed one chance to take the Swim Test during their hour swim time.
8. The slide and wading pool will remain closed at this time.
9. Locker rooms will be limited to bathroom use only. There will be outdoor showers available for patron use.
10. Lifejackets will be available for checkout for those who would like to use them. We do encourage you to bring one from home. Please ensure that it is a U.S. Coast Guard approved lifejacket. No water wings or other flotation devices.
11. There will be no lap lanes/lap swim at the Family Pool. Please visit us at Hickam Training Pool or Scott Pool for lap swim hours.