Hourly Care Fort Bragg
PLEASE READ: Hours and/or services impacted by COVID-19
Ages 6 weeks to 12 years
Certain Child Development Centers (CDC) offer reserved and drop-off care on an hourly basis. Children must be registered with CYS to use Hourly Care. Registration must be completed in person at Parent Central Services.
How to Make a Reservation
Reservations in Advance
Reservations for hourly care can be made 14 days in advance. You can make an advance reservation online, by phone, or at one of our kiosk locations. CYS registration is required.
- Online: Visit Webtrac. Please call +1 (910)907-1824 if you need to obtain your user ID and/or password.
- By phone: Call our Hourly Care Reservation Hotline at +1 (910)432-2273. The hours of operation are Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Kiosk: We have 2 kiosk locations: inside the SFAC and Loredo CDC. For your convenience, reservations can be made (via WebTrac) using one of the kiosks. This is self-guided, as no attendant will be able to make the reservation for you.
Same Day Reservations
- For same-day reservations, call the facility directly. See contact information for Hourly Care facilities to the right (if on a desktop computer) or below (if on a mobile device). We also take walk-ins, when there is space available.
Pre-Paying Online for Hourly Care
To pre-pay for Hourly Care online, visit WebTrac. Log in using user ID and password, and follow these steps:
For more information, contact each facility directly.
- Pre-payment is the only payment option for hourly care.
- Payments are based on the start/end of the reservation.
- The maximum amount of hourly care is 25 hours per week/per child.
- The maximum hourly care per day for Loredo CDC is 3 hours.
- The fee is $5/hour
- Lunch and snacks are provided and USDA approved (except Loredo CDC).
- Medications are not administered at any time.
What to Bring:
- Hourly care packet must be brought to each visit. Children cannot remain without this packet.
- CYS membership card.
- Complete set of extra clothing labeled with the child’s name.
- All children in attendance must wear closed-toe shoes.
- Disposable diapers (diapers are checked every hour-bring at least 1 (one) for each hour in attendance).
- All bottles and pacifiers must be labeled with the child’s name.
- The only medication that can be administered in hourly care is rescue meds.
- All rescue medications must be prescribed and come in the original container labeled with child and physician name, and date of the prescription. If rescue meds are not provided, care will be denied.
- All children with rescue meds must have SNAP or MAPS accompany them.
- Basic Care items (i.e. diaper creams, lip balm) are not administered in hourly care.
Cancellations, No Show, Late Policies:
- Same day cancellation fee is $10 per child.
- No show fees are $10 per child.
- Fees must be paid at the next visit.
- Reservations may be canceled after 15 minutes if no courtesy call is given.
- Late pick up fees will be applied at $1 per minute after reservation ends, not to exceed $20 per visit.
Soldier and Family Assistance Center (SFAC)