- Graves Fitness Center- FT Belvoir
Graves Fitness Center- FT Belvoir
Graves Fitness Center Reopening: What you need to know
Home to the Fort Belvoir Sports and Fitness Program, Graves gym features free weights, cardiovascular equipment, LifeFitness treadmills, ellipticals, rowers, upright bikes, recumbent bikes, sauna, steam rooms, basketball courts, racquetball courts, rock wall, and 2 tennis courts behind the building.
Be Advised: Graves Fitness Center reserves the right to deny the use of the facility to any patron not following the guidelines set forth to maintain health, safety, and sanitary measures for patrons and equipment.
Hours of Operation Closed Holidays
|Monday - Friday||Saturday - Sunday|
|5 - 6:30 a.m.||9 ‐ 10:30 a.m.|
|7 - 8:30 a.m.||11 a.m. ‐ 12:30 p.m.|
|9 ‐ 10:30 a.m.|
|11 a.m. ‐ 12:30 p.m.|
|1 ‐ 2:30 p.m.|
|3 ‐ 4:30 p.m.|
|5 - 6:30 p.m.|
Graves Fitness Center phone number: +1 (703)806-5368 Graves Fitness Center has new restrictions in an effort to reduce risks associated with COVID-19. Patrons and employees must adhere to the following policies and procedures.
- Active Duty and First Responders have authorized all sessions.
- Effective Oct. 26: Active Duty Family Members authorized all sessions except 5 - 6:30 a.m. and 7 - 8:30 a.m.
- Active Duty and First Responders will have priority entrance for the first 15 minutes of the session.
- Patrons must sign in with Name, Phone, and Email so staff can inform patrons of any potential exposure to COVID-19.
- POLICY CHANGE: All patrons must wear a face mask while in the Fitness Facilities to include exercising on cardio equipment and weight training.
- 40 patrons are the maximum capacity for Graves Fitness Center.
- Locker rooms closed.
- Basketball, racquetball, sauna, and steam rooms are closed.
- Must maintain a 6-foot social distance.
- Patrons are asked to line up outside front doors and wait for staff for entrance.
- Patrons and employees are asked to wash hands frequently.
- Must wipe down exercise equipment after use.
- Gym bags will not be allowed in the Fitness Center; changing rooms will not be accessible.
- Water fountains are closed; please bring your own water bottle.
- Lobby restrooms will be available. Only one person allowed in the restroom at any time.
- Fitness classes and all sports activities are canceled until further notice.
- 2 Basketball Courts
- 3 Racquetball Courts
- Free Weights
- Cardiovascular Area
- Selectorized Room
- Spin Room
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Steam Room
- Men's and Women's Locker Rooms with Showers
24 Hour Access at Graves Fitness
24-hour access at Graves Fitness Center is available.
Patrons must register their ID cards with Graves Fitness Center during normal hours. Even if your ID has been registered previously, you must re-register your card. Registration must be completed every year (one year from the day of registration).
*Note: If you get a new CAC card, you must re-activate your card with Sports and Fitness to be able to utilize the facilities after hours.
Youth ages 12 - 15 must be actively supervised by an adult while working out at Graves Fitness Center.
The Fort Belvoir Graves Fitness Center is the responsible activity for the Fort Belvoir obstacle course operations. Staff must:
1. Review facility and equipment daily for safety and maintenance concerns. A daily written checklist will be completed.
2. Inspect daily to ensure the course is safe. If there is inclement weather, the staff will secure the course and close it until further notice.
3. Keep the area safe, neat, and clean.
4. Maintain accurate records of maintenance, accidents, incidents, and safety inspections.
5. Schedule use of the course and oversee all MWR functions within the obstacle course.
6. Ensure that only groups of three or more personnel from the eligibility list reserve/use the course.
Obstacles are placed at specific site locations and are not to be removed/moved outside the fenced area.
** At the discretion of the Graves Fitness Center staff, the obstacle course will not be open if weather conditions/light make usage of the course unsafe.**
Rules and Regulations
1. Each group’s representative will be required to sign reservation form B (PDF).
2. The gate will be unlocked only during approved unit or tenant agency reserved time slots.
3. At the conclusion of the exercise, the group representative will ensure the area is cleaned and obstacles are placed in their respective locations for the next group. A Graves Fitness staff member will be on-site to inspect the area and give the all-clear to the group representative.
4. The structures are not intended to be used individually or by children under 16. This is not a playground.
5. No children under the age of 17 are allowed within or outside the fenced area unsupervised.
6. Appropriate athletic attire must be worn. Jeans, dress pants, cut-offs, exposed sports bras, etc. are prohibited. Please reference the proper attire poster in the facility. Shirts and closed-toe shoes are required at all times and no barefoot climbing is allowed on obstacles.
7. Use of the obstacle course is at your own risk; these risks include but are not limited to, physical hazards to oneself, failure of equipment and/or gear, injury from falling, impact with the obstacle, rope abrasions, and other equipment related injuries such as cuts and bruises. Each person (18 years and older) will sign a waiver (PDF) prior to exercising on the structures. It will be kept on file for future use. As there is no supervision on-site, for safety reasons there is a requirement for a minimum of three personnel on-site to act as spotters.
8. All equipment must be inspected prior to use to ensure structural integrity and the safety of the obstacles.
9. Preparation exercises must be conducted before commencing the course and recovery exercises conducted upon completion.
10. The course will be open by reservations only during posted hours and may be used for unit training before or after posted hours with the proper request form submission.
11. Training may be postponed/modified when obstacles are slippery due to inclement weather or insufficient light.
Group or Unit Training reservations are taken at the Fort Belvoir Graves Fitness Center and require form submission at least 24 hours prior to the requested date.