Foster Botanical Garden
- Mon 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Tue 9:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Wed 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thu 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Closed now
- Fri 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sat 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sun 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
A garden in the midst of busy downtown Honolulu? Yes! And here at Foster Botanical Garden, visitors find a refreshing change from the chaos of the city. As the oldest of the Honolulu Botanical Gardens, Foster Garden displays a mature and impressive collection of tropical plants. Some of the magnificent trees in this 14-acre garden were planted in the 1850s by Dr. William Hillebrand. They marked the beginning of a heritage that became The Honolulu Botanical Gardens.
Garden highlights The Conservatory, Outdoor Butterfly Garden, Palm Garden, Prehistoric Glen Cycad Collection, Exceptional Trees, and Gift Shop.
- Adults: $5
- Hawaii Residents: $3
- Children 6-12: $1
- Children under 5: Free
- Annual Family Pass: $25
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- closed Christmas Day (December 25)
- closed New Year's Day (January 1)
- Free Guided Tours - Tours led by docents are offered every day at 10:30 a.m. Reservations are recommended. Please call 808-768-7135.
- Self-Guided Tours - Our self-guided tour is a great alternative to explore the Garden at your own pace. It is included with your visitor map.
- School Group Tours - Please call 808-768-7135 for more information.