Special Events - Fort Carson
All information contained is subject to change.
- All Fort Carson MWR events: ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES ARE ISSUED FOR ANY PURCHASES OR MERCHANDISE.
- General public (Non-DOD) wishing to attend closed-gate events will need a gate pass from the visitor's center.
- All personnel entering Fort Carson must be in possession of a valid state or federally issued photo ID from a REAL ID Act compliant state. Current states not in compliance are: Alaska, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia & Washington.
- If using an ID from a state or territory that is not REAL ID Act compliant, then an approved secondary form of ID is required. More information on the REAL ID Act can be found at https://www.dhs.gov/real-id
- No pets or companion animals allowed for any events unless specified otherwise.
- Only ADA service animals are allowed onsite.
- Companion Animals are not protected under the ADA.
- Under Colorado state law HB16-1426 (effective January 2017), it is a crime to knowingly misrepresent an animal as a service animal.
- Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Examples of such work or tasks include guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, pulling a wheelchair, alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure, reminding a person with mental illness to take prescribed medications, calming a person with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) during an anxiety attack, or performing other duties. Service animals are working animals, not pets. The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person’s disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA. This definition does not affect or limit the broader definition of “assistance animal” under the Fair Housing Act or the broader definition of “service animal” under the Air Carrier Access Act. Some State and local laws also define service animal more broadly than the ADA does. Information about such laws can be obtained from the State attorney general’s office.
- Absolutely no personal grills or personal burners allowed at Freedom Fest.
- No coolers allowed except for breast milk totes/storage that are 10" and under/smaller.
- No personal canopies, tents or campers allowed
- No bikes, scooters, skateboards, hoverboards, or other alternative modes of human-powered transport allowed
- Lost children are accompanied by event staff to a designated safety area and an announcement is made via the speakerphone to make contact with the parent(s)/guardian(s)
- 100% random personal property inspection in effect.
- No personal fireworks or sparklers allowed on Fort Carson. These items are prohibited per FC Regulation 210-2-8.
- No firearms and/or weapons allowed.
- Privately owned drones/UAV's are not allowed.
- No coolers or tents allowed in festival area/venue during events.
- No glass containers allowed.
- Alcohol in private containers is not allowed. Alcohol may be purchased from vendors located in designated areas .
- Despite the Colorado amendment to legalize marijuana, possession of marijuana on a federal installation is a violation of federal law.
- Nursing and changing station with power outlets available
- No parking in residential/base housing/neighborhoods on Fort Carson.
- Parking is free, space is available on a first come, first served basis.
- All personnel must park in designated parking areas.
- Parking in prohibited areas will result in a citation and the vehicle being towed.
- Please follow the signs for designated parking areas.
- Please observe posted speed limits.
- The areas around event venues often get congested, please slow down and watch out for pedestrians.
- Events go on regardless of weather. Those attending any Fort Carson MWR event assume the risk of injury as a result of inclement weather.
- In the event of lightning, a warning is issued and guests are asked to clear the area and/or return to their cars until an "all clear" announcement is issued.