Fort Carson Immunizations
- Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 6060.02 Child Development Programs Immunizations which states: Children enrolling in or currently enrolled in DoD CDPs must provide written documentation of immunizations appropriate for the child’s age.
- Per AR 40-562/BUMEDINST 6230.15A/AFJI 48-110/CG COMDTINST M6230.4F (Reference (u)), immunizations recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) are required.
- These recommendations are in line with the recommendations by the Center for Disease Control and the State of Colorado.
- Proof of Immunizations is required for CDC (ages 6weeks-5) children upon registration. Children and Youth ages 6-18 who are enrolled in school are not required to submit proof, however, it is encouraged.
- If a child/youth does not have documentation of any given immunization for which Army Public Health Nurse (APHN) has deemed an outbreak, the youth will be excluded from care until the outbreak has resolved OR proof of immunization is provided.
- An exemption for an immunization may be permitted for medical or religious reasons. Philosophical exemptions are not permitted.
Click here for instruction for completing an Immunization Waiver.
Click here for the Exception to Policy Form.