- City and Installation Guide (New)
- Installation Listings (new)
- Army Family Action Plan - Fort Campbell
Army Family Action Plan - Fort Campbell
The Army Family Action Plan (AFAP) is an Army-wide program that serves as a platform for Army Issues pertaining to the total Army quality of life. It gives the community a voice to relay what is going well and what is not with how the Army conducts business with all members of the Army including Active Duty, National Guard, Reserve Components, Retired Military, Family Members, Survivors and Civilian Employees. This is a volunteer-based program and is open to all individuals who care about the Army, its Families, and the Fort Campbell Community.
How does AFAP work?
The process operates on three levels: Installation, Installation Management Command (IMCOM), and Headquarters/Department of the Army (HQDA). Since AFAP was created in 1983, there have been 117 Legislative changes, 162 Department of Defense or Army policy changes, and 178 Improved programs or services/funding. Through this process, issues requiring actions are prioritized, assigned to a lead agency for resolution, and an action plan is established to achieve the desired change.
Changes That Have Been Made Due to AFAP
- Free Online Tutoring for Military Students
- Distribution of Montgomery GI Bill benefits to Dependents
- Annual Leave carryover increase from 60 to 75 days
- Extended Educational Benefits for Spouses
- Dental and Visual Insurance Coverage for Federal Employees
- Military Pay Table (targeted pay raises)
- Military Thrift Savings Plan
- TRICARE for Life for eligible Retirees
- BOSS Program Policy
- SGLI Increases
- Minimum standards for Army Child Care
- In-State Tuition for Military Dependants
How do I submit an AFAP issue?
Visit the AFAP website and follow the instructions provided on the web page.
AFAP Issue Submission Form (printable pdf)
How can I volunteer?
If it’s a program or service, an AFAP issue can IMPROVE IT. If it’s a policy or regulation, an AFAP issue can CHANGE IT. If it’s a law, an AFAP issue can AMEND IT If there’s a low-cost, creative solution, You should PURSUE IT.