- City and Installation Guide (New)
- Installation Listings (new)
- Fort Bliss Rod & Gun Club: Range Hours- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun and Archery
Fort Bliss Rod & Gun Club: Range Hours- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun and ArcheryNew
Range Safety Rules
- All guns will be pointed down range at all time.
- As a precaution, always assume that the gun is loaded.
- Keep your fingers off of the trigger until gun is ready to be fired.
- All shooting will be done from the ready line or from behind the benches.
- All shooters will use the words clear and hot. Shooters needing to go down range will call clear.
- Clearmeans all guns are unloaded and not behind handled.
- Hot means guns can be handled, loaded, and fired.
- While shooter is downrange, no one is allowed to handle any guns.
- When a shooter calls clear orhot he will get confirmation from all other shooters.
- Only shoot at your target.
- If anyone notices a violation of any of the above rules, they are responsible to call cease fire.
- You are responsible for your own gun.
- Always be safe
- Club members and their guests must sign in at the clubhouse Pro Shop prior to using ranges and must display club card at all time while on range.
- Non-members of the Club must sign in at the Clubhouse Pro Shop and obtain a range identification tag prior to using any range facility and must display their range tags at all times while on the range.
- Everyone is requested to adhere to the written Range Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Shooting targets may be purchased at the Clubhouse Pro Shop, and personal targets may be used if they meet the specific range requirements and Safety SOP. Plastic bottles, beer, and/or soft drink cans may be used as targets on range 8 only. Glass targets are not permitted on any ranges. The range must be cleaned prior to leaving.
- Please exercise caution not to accidentally discharge guns in the direction of club property, range signs, and stationary furniture.
- Alcohol, in any form, is not allowed on the ranges. Rod & Gun club personnel will refuse admittance to any range if an individual appears to be under the influence of alcohol.
- 50 caliber guns (of any type) and clay pigeon hand throwers are not allowed. Rifles with calibers capable of shooting over 4100 meters cannot be fired from any range. Due to Installation safety restrictions.
- Fully automatic guns are prohibited on any range at the Rod & Gun club (with the exception of Federal Law Enforcement Qualification. Requires prior management approval).
- Please only utilize the range you are assigned.
- All firing can only be done from the firing line, which are all painted red.
- Ear and eye protection will be worn by all shooters and spectators.
- As part of installation safety procedures all safety rules will be followed. You can review all safety rules in the Pro Shop.
- Please remove all pistol and rifle magazines and clear all guns before entering the clubhouse.
- All children under 18 must be under adult supervision at all times inside the Club and outside on the ranges. Any adult supervising a child will not be allowed to shoot on the ranges leaving the child unsupervised.
- In the event of an Emergency please follow these procedures:
- Cease Fire Immediately.
- Push the emergency shut down system button located on the range.
- Notify the range safety officer.
- Follow all instructions given by the safety officer.
- Wait for the safety officer to lift the cease fire, and call "all clear".
- Please help us keep our ranges clean! Pick up after yourself.