- City and Installation Guide (New)
- Installation Listings (new)
- Fort Bliss Ironworks - East Mission Essential Fitness (MEF)
Fort Bliss Ironworks - East Mission Essential Fitness (MEF)New
Mission Essential Fitness
Simply put, Mission Essential Fitness (MEF) is the training required to condition Soldiers to perform their mission, in Garrison as well as any operational environment.
A U.S. Soldier is required to have a high level of fitness, capable of performing a multitude of physical tasks, involving power, strength, speed, and agility. Functional training incorporates all of these fitness components to train Soldiers as tactical athletes both aerobically and anaerobically.
- Traditional morning and non-traditional afternoon classes
- Use of Bosu Ball, Kettle Bells, TRX Straps, Gravity Training Systems,
- Entry Level Circuits designed to teach form and basic strength movements
- High Intensity Circuits combining all types of Functional Training to include compound movements and explosive power