- East Mission Essential Fitness – Fort Bliss
- City and Installation Guide (New)
- Installation Listings (new)
- East Mission Essential Fitness - Fort Bliss
East Mission Essential Fitness - Fort Bliss
Mission Essential Fitness
Simply put, Mission Essential Fitness (MEF) is the training required to condition Soldiers to perform their mission, in Garrison as well as any operational environment.
A U.S. Soldier is required to have a high level of fitness, capable of performing a multitude of physical tasks, involving power, strength, speed, and agility. Functional training incorporates all of these fitness components to train Soldiers as tactical athletes both aerobically and anaerobically.
- Traditional morning and non-traditional afternoon classes
- Use of Bosu Ball, Kettle Bells, TRX Straps, Gravity Training Systems,
- Entry Level Circuits designed to teach form and basic strength movements
- High-Intensity Circuits combining all types of Functional Training to include compound movements and explosive power
Functional Exercise Program
Specific to the Mission - All training should be mission specific, working to develop and maintain mission specific strength.
Integrated- It should include a variety of exercises that work on power, strength, speed, and agility.
Increases Core Stability- Core stability is crucial for any mission.
- Increases transference of power from the lower to upper body.
- Increases ability to maintain correct athletic posture over long periods of time.
Progressive- Progressive resistance training steadily increases the power/strength demand from workout to workout.
- Utilizes varying speed of movement to make it more mission specific.
Periodization - For professional soldiers and tactical athletes, functional training needs to fit into their training cycle.
- Will vary throughout the year to achieve optimal results, peaking for deployment and maintaining their power and strength while in theater.
- Using four (4), 12 week training cycles per year with one (1) week rest between each cycle.
Functional Fitness Equipment
Training designed for tactical athletes of all abilities to prepare the Soldier to perform their daily duties by developing strength, balance, flexibility, and joint stability. This will reduce the risk of injury and allow a Soldier to complete their mission."
- Bosu Balls
- Wobble Boards
- Kettle Bells
- Medicine Balls
- Traditional Weights
- Elastic Bands
- Agility Ladders
- And other exercise equipment