- Auto Crafts – Fort Bliss
Auto Crafts - Fort Bliss
Effective COB March 20, 2020, this facility is open with a cap of 10 patrons at a time until further notice.
Fort Bliss MWR Auto Crafts is here to help you with your vehicles.
- Do-it-yourself hobby shop has eleven bays with lifts, five bays without lifts, and one pit. The cost is $9/hour.
- Hobbyists can perform routine maintenance on their vehicle such as oil and filter changes, tire rotation, lubrication, and radiator flushing.
- Vehicle storage is available for more long-term projects.
- Certified mechanics provide detailed work such as brake jobs, complete with disk and drum turning.
- Texas State Inspection validation services
Automotive Skills shop patrons must attend a 30-minute safety class before using shop equipment. Classes are $5 and offered Wednesday and Thursday at 5p.m. and Saturday at 8a.m.
What you need to know about Texas State Inspections
- Inspections are conducted under legal requirements and standards set forth by the state of Texas and must be followed exactly as written.
- Please sign in when you arrive and wait in the area to ensure timely service; you may also leave your vehicle for inspections and we will notify you upon completion.
- Average completion time is 25 minutes; heavy wait times will occur during the first and last few days of the month.
- Bring a valid (non-expired) insurance card and, to the best of your ability, make sure all systems are working properly
- Horn, lights, parking brake operational
- Tires and brakes in good condition
- No broken lens covers
- Vehicles less than 2 years and more than 25 years, and all government vehicles receive safety tests only; emissions inspections are not required. Vehicles more than 2 and less than 25 years, will receive both safety and emissions tests.
- Inspection personnel are required by law to place the sticker on the vehicle at the time of inspection.
- Emissions testing requires that the engine be warm (10-15 minutes).
- Personnel with out of state plates should consult the inspector for the most current information regarding inspections and vehicle licensing procedures for their state.
- Ask the inspector for information if you plan to change your state plates to Texas plates.
Services and Pricing
|Oil Changes||Starting at $42|
|Radiator Flush||Varies by vehicle and size: Includes labor, BG flush kit and 1gal. regular coolant. Dexcool extended life coolant is extra.|
|Alignment||$80 most passenger cars. $120 4X4, SUV 4 wheel alignment (no wheels 18" and above)|
|Tune-ups||Prices vary per vehicle age and mileage.|
|Brakes||Prices vary per vehicle. Wheels must be removed for inspection.|
|Flat Tire Repair||$9- off vehicle *No tires over 20"*|
|Balance only||$8 per tire- passenger cars|
|SUV, Trucks, 4X4||$9 per tire|
|18"-22" tires||$15 per tire|
|Rotation Only||$15 all vehicles|
|Tire Mount||$5 per tire*|
|*Low profile tire mounts vary in price. Please inquire with shop.|
|Texas State Safety and Emissions Testing||Pricing|
|Safetyonly||$7.00- Vehicles less than 2 years and those over 25 years|
|Safety and Emissions||$18.50|
|Emissions Only||$7.00 *Out of State vehicles w/ safety sticker|
|Shop Labor Rate||$80/ hour using the Chilton Labor Manual|
All services are offered on a first-come, first served basis.