- Army Volunteer Corps – Fort Bliss
Army Volunteer Corps - Fort Bliss
Volunteers make a meaningful difference in the lives of Soldiers and their Families every day. Army Volunteer Corps (AVC) is designed to help you find local volunteering opportunities with organizations that benefit the Army community.
The AVC has redefined volunteering within the Army. We embrace existing volunteer programs, unite all volunteers who support Soldiers and Families, including the Active Force, National Guard and Army Reserve, and formalize the Army’s commitment to volunteerism.
No matter where people volunteer in the Army community, they usually want to contribute to Soldiers and their Family members. We recognize this common goal and want to help you find the right opportunity for you.
Volunteering helps your community and helps you as well. When you participate with AVC, you’ll:
- Gain a sense of satisfaction/achievement by meeting challenges
- Learn about the Army, our sister services, and the community
- Acquire new skills and/or expand old ones
- Obtain work experience
- Build new friendships and become a cohesive part of the community
Contact your local Army Volunteer Coordinator within your Army Community Service Center to register and learn about volunteer opportunities across the Army.
More information is also available from Army OneSource.
The Army Volunteer Corps focuses on supporting Soldiers, Family members, surviving spouses, and civilian personnel through community involvement. Volunteer opportunities are available both on and off post. Individuals are matched to volunteer positions according to skill, experience and time available. Childcare is offered in some activities. Participants learn new skills, make friends, and become a part of the community. Volunteering can also be a wonderful way to gain job experience.
Go to My Army One Source to register and apply for available positions or contact us to learn more about available volunteer opportunities.
The Fort Bliss Army Volunteer Corps (AVC) supports the Army's mission by promoting and strengthen volunteerism by uniting volunteer efforts, supporting professional management, enhancing volunteer career mobility, and establishing volunteer partnerships to support individual personal growth and life-long volunteer commitment.
The Fort Bliss Army Volunteer Corps office is the center for volunteer recruitment, referral, recognition and professional development for volunteers and volunteer leaders. Volunteers can be placed in a wide variety of positions throughout the installation and within the El Paso community. Through volunteer service, volunteers can learn or improve skills and gain work experience that can increase self-confidence and improve marketability for paid positions.
Every minute, every hour that someone volunteers contribute to improving the quality of life of our community; therefore volunteers change the world. Join the movement to make our installation, our city, our nation a better place for all Change the World, Volunteer!
STEPS TO VOLUNTEERING!
Volunteering in your community gives you a chance to give back. You'll feel a sense of pride that you are volunteering your time, and a local organization will benefit, too. If you want to get started volunteering, find an organization that's a good fit for you, and then decide what you have to offer.
- Attend the Installation Volunteer Orientation. During the Installation Volunteer Orientation, prospective volunteers will receive an overview of the Army Volunteer Corps’ mission, installation volunteer policies and gain insight regarding volunteer opportunities. Register for the orientation at bliss.armymwr.com/us/bliss/programs/AVC.
- During the orientation, prospective volunteers will complete a volunteer application. The volunteer application will be sent to the volunteer opportunities of their choice that are on the installation as well as within the El Paso Community.
- After the volunteer applications are received by the prospective agency, they will call volunteers in for an interview and/or to place them within their agency.
- Volunteers may also look for volunteer opportunities on the Volunteer Management Information System (VMIS) at www.myarmyonesoure.com.
- Special event volunteer opportunities (one-time special events) can be found on our Facebook page: Fort Bliss Volunteers.
For more information, contact the Army Volunteer Corps office at 915-569-5500 or [email protected].