Things happen in life and we can all use some help from time to time. We’re here to assist individuals, couples and families with issues that range from basic parenting to sexual assault. Community counseling, treatment services, prevention programs, groups and classes are provided at no cost to you and your family. Licensed social workers, counselor and other professionals are here to help you. Unit Briefs are also provided on a regular basis to promote awareness of these issues.
The BeThere Peer Assistance Line is the only dedicated, confidential, Department of Defense (DoD) peer support call and outreach center available to all all DoD Active Duty, National Guard, Reserve Service members and their families (including non-DEERs registered family members). The program is staffed by peer coaches who are Veteran Service members, spouses of prior Service members, as well as National Guard/Reserve Service members. Communications between peer counselors and Service members are confidential and the Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through chat, email, phone and text. The Peer Assistance Line offers peer-to-peer support services, which include the following issues:
- Emotional support for those overseas, or for those who need support in dealing with stressors related to deployments or combat.
- Problem solving strategies for every day stressors such as career, relationships, and financial problems.
- Resources and referrals for a wide array of issues such as medical needs, Victim Advocate support, higher education, transition/retirement plans, and Family Advocacy assistance.
- Works with callers in crisis to stabilize the situation, and then make the most appropriate referral for suitable treatment.
Service members who have contacted the DoD BeThere Peer Support. Call and Outreach Center will receive follow up communications from peer counselors to ensure appropriate services were provided.
Community Counseling Program
The Community Counseling Program (CCP) is professionally staffed with licensed providers (LMFT, LPC, LCSW) experienced with individual, couple and family therapy. Counseling services at the CCP are FREE of charge and available to all active duty personnel, National Guard/Reserve components, family members and retirees.
The CCP assists clients and families with managing a wide array of concerns such as:
- Relationship Problems
- Work/life balance
- General Stress
- EAS/PCS and Issues Related to Transition
- Anxiety/Depression/ Associated Symptoms
- Emotion Regulation
- Deployment Cycle Stressors
- Child/adolescent Behavioral and Emotional Disturbance
- Crisis Intervention
You can call 466-3264 to set up an appointment, or you can walk in to Marine and Family Programs, building 232, between the hours of 7:30am and 4:30pm. If after hours appointment times are more suitable for your schedule, then we will accommodate you with our extended hours, offered until 7:00pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.