- Carey Pool-Fort Benning
Carey Pool-Fort Benning
*Please note as a precautionary measure, reservations will be required until further notice for lap swim at Carey Pool. Reservations can be made via WebTrac, here. Reservations are available for ID cardholders only.
- Please plan in advance as reservation windows will close at noon on the business day prior to the date of reservation.
- Consistent no shows for reservations may result in cancellations of future reservations. Cancel your reservations through WebTrac up to 24 hours before your scheduled swim time. For same-day cancellations, please call 706-545-3248.
Look for the helicopter!
Carey Pool is located off Sightseeing Road, behind the Infantry Bar/Main Post Recreation Center near the intersection of Eckel Avenue. This 600,000 gallon, Olympic-size pool, with zero-depth entry and a 5,000-gallon toddler pool, has a rock wall, diving boards, a splash pad, and more.
Our outdoor pools are available for private events on weekends from 12 to 2 p.m. and from 2 to 4 p.m. The cost is $50 for two hours for 25 people, and an extra $15 for up to 25 additional people or $15 for an extra hour. Call 1+(706) 844-5766.
Outdoor Pool Rules
- Outside food is permitted at Breezeway and Carey Pool. No glass containers.
- The pools must be closed if any visible lightning or audible thunder can be heard by the Aquatics Management.
- Authorized MWR patrons (in accordance with AR 215-1; Table 7-1, 24 Sep 2015) may use MWR aquatic facilities.
- Patrons 10 and older must present photo identification upon entering the facility.
- Children 12 and younger must be actively participating in the same activity and under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian. Children may be participants in a special program organized by Child, Youth & School Services, schools, or other authorized youth organizations.
- One parent/guardian may bring a maximum of six children at one time. Request a special accommodation letter for households with more than six children.
- Swimming is a high-risk activity; no more than two children between the ages of 0-6 years must be accompanied by one parent or guardian. We require continuous, watchful, and responsible supervision (within an arm’s length) when children 0-6 years are in a pool, wading pool, or playing with standing water. This also includes any child using a floatation device regardless of their age. No more than two children can be accompanied by one parent or guardian.
- Military ID cardholders can bring guests. Picture Identification must be presented for verification. Absolutely no refunds will be given. Guests are not permitted during morning lap swim.
- Guests are the sole responsibility of the sponsor. Guests must remain with the sponsor during the entire duration of their visit (AR 215-1, 7-1 d).
- Patrons must wear swimsuits appropriate for public appearance. No thongs, sports bras, basketball shorts, nylon shorts, underwear, cut-offs, or denim shorts are permitted. All suits must be lined. Light-colored t-shirts may be worn over swimsuits. PT shorts are permitted.
- All patrons must shower before entering the pool.
- Subsurface or extended long breath-holding is not allowed.
- Organized PT is prohibited.
- Persons with skin disorders, bandages, open wounds, eye, nose, or mouth discharge may be refused entry to the facility.
- No running, horseplay or obscene language permitted within the facility.
- Rafts and toys are permitted in the pool at the discretion of the lifeguard on duty.
- Children may wear Coast Guard-approved life jackets in the leisure pool.
- When using flotation devices, a child must be within an arm’s length of an adult.
- Diving is not permitted in the leisure pool. Diving is permitted in the deep end of the lap pool.
- No glass containers allowed on the pool deck. Food and drinks are permitted.
- No pets are permitted in the pool area at any time.
- All swimming pools are off-limits when closed.
- Tobacco use of any kind is prohibited.
- Lifeguards have the authority to issue guidance on anything not covered here.
- Adult supervision is required at all times. Lifeguard supervision does not replace parental responsibility to watch your children.
We offer a 2-year lifeguard certification, which includes the American Red Cross certification, first aid, CPR, and AED, for MWR patrons 15 and older. The cost is $175. To register, email email@example.com.
Military Training and PT Reservations at Carey Pool
All reservations must be submitted at least two weeks in advance. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org .