- Big Bear Recreation Facility – MCAS Miramar
- City and Installation Guide (New)
- Installation Listings (new)
- Big Bear Recreation Facility - MCAS Miramar
Big Bear Recreation Facility - MCAS Miramar
The Big Bear Recreation Facility will be closed for renovations until 2021.
Thank you for your patience as we remodel. We’re making our Big Bear Recreation Facility even better with upgrades you’ll love. Look out for more information later this year.
For Cabins / RV / & Campsite Reservations: (858) 271-7111, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via: Miramar Inn, Bldg. 2515
Discover a hidden retreat centered in the heart of the San Bernardino Mountains… a perfect getaway for a little rest and recreation. If you seek adventure and enjoy the outdoors, Big Bear is the perfect place for you. During the winter, enjoy skiing and snowboarding. After the snow melts, fishing, mountain biking, hiking and water skiing are popular. The Big Bear Recreational Facility is dedicated to providing affordable facilities for camping and lodging for active duty, retired military personnel, Reservists, DoD employees and their authorized family members.
AUTHORIZED PATRONS. Active duty and retired military personnel, reservists, DOD employees, and authorized family members may make reservations for the Big Bear facility. Priorities apply. Authorized family members under the age of 18, other than a spouse, may not reserve cabins or RV/campsites and may not occupy the facilities unless accompanied by the sponsor parent/spouse. The sponsor or spouse of the sponsor whose name appears on the payment receipt must be present in the cabin or RV/campsite during the entire stay.
SUBLETTING IS PROHIBITED. More than one sponsor’s name may appear on the payment receipt if requested at the time of payment.
BBQ / FIRE RING AT EACH RV / CAMPSITE BBQ/PICNIC AREA OUTSIDE EACH CABIN BASKETBALL BATHHOUSE – With hot showers and flushing toilets BICYCLING PATHS BILLIARDS DISCOUNTS AT LOCAL TOURS & REC EVENTS FIREWOOD / FIRE STARTERS FIRE PIT (COMMUNITY) GAMES – Adult & children’s games – No cost to check out HIKING TRAILS TO SNOW SUMMIT HORSESHOES ICE KNOWLEDGEABLE STAFF MARINE CORPS HIKING TRAIL MINI-MART – “OUTPOST” MOVIES – Large selection of DVDs/VHS – No cost to check out PICNIC AREA (COMMUNITY) PLAYGROUND SLEDS SNOWSHOES TENNIS TV – Full menu of channels VOLLEYBALL WIFI IN LODGE
CABINS: The Big Bear Recreation Facility has eight cabins that may be reserved on a year-round basis. Firewood and fire starters are available for purchase at the lodge. Fresh towels and linens are available daily. Maximum occupancy for each cabin is six (adults, children, infants).
- Living Room has sofa, love seat, wood-burning fireplace
- TV & DVD/VHS player
- Dining room seating for six
- Cooking items such as pots and pans are provided as well as dishes and flatware for six
- Bedroom downstairs has queen-size bed and armoire with dresser
- Loft upstairs has two full-size beds and a dresser
- Linens and towels provided
- Charcoal grill and picnic area are provided outside each cabin
- High chairs and playpens available at Main Lodge for checkout
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT: Check In
Guests with reservations must present a valid military ID card to Lodge Attendant when checking in. Choice of cabin or RV/campsite is first come, first serve ONLY. Check in time for cabins is between 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. RV/Campground check in time starts at 1:00 pm. Late check-ins are gladly accepted. Please contact facility staff during normal working hours 8am – 7pm at (909) 866-3965 to make arrangements. Upon check in, the sponsor will sign a check in card and receive facility guidelines regarding rules and regulations. Late check-ins will complete the check in card the next morning.
Patrons must notify the Lodge Attendant prior to departure. Cabins will be inspected for cleanliness and damage prior to check out. The following must be completed prior to check out:
- Wash dishes and place all cooking items and flatware in cupboards.
- Clean oven and range after use.
- Clean out fireplace and barbeque and ensure all ashes are extinguished and deposited in the “ashes only” container by the front door.
- Consolidate all trash into the large metal trash can by the front door.
- Before departure ensure all trash, recyclables and ashes are deposited in the dumpster, recycling bins or ash containers by the bathhouse.
- Reservations can be made 90 days prior to the month of your visit, starting with the first calendar day of the month (i.e. call the first day of March for May reservations).
- 1st day of the month: All Active Duty Marines and Military stationed on a Marine Corps installation.
- 2nd day: All Active Duty
- 3rd day: All Active Patrons (Active Duty, Retired, Reservists, Dependent & DOD)
- Reservations are accepted at the Miramar Inn, Bldg. 2515, MCAS Miramar, or by calling (858) 271-7111 – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Reservations must be paid in full at the time the reservation is made.
- The authorized patron, or dependent must be present at the time of check-in. Subletting, or transferring reservations is not permitted.
- Weekend and certain holidays require a two, or three-night stay.
- One-day reservations are not authorized on weekends and/or holidays for cabins, RV & campsites.
- Friday, Saturday & Holidays… Weekend & Holiday rates apply.
- Sunday – Thursday… Weekday rates apply.
- Maximum occupancy for each cabin is six (adults, children, infants).
Maximum occupancy for each RV / campsite is eight (adults, children, infants).
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made 30 days prior to the day of arrival will only be charged a cancellation fee of $75.00 for cabins. A one night charge will be charged to RV and Camp site cancellations. No refunds will be given to reservations canceled inside 14 days of arrival date. No refunds will be given for cancellations due to weather, road conditions, acts of nature, malfunctions of TVs or other equipment, sighting of insects, rodents, or other circumstances beyond our control.
The RV and campsites are open year-round, weather permitting. There are five RV sites with hookups and a dump station and five tent sites. The maximum total occupancy of an RV/campsite is eight people (adults, children, infants). Tent camping and campfires are permitted only in designated areas. Tent camping is not permitted in RV sites.
There is a community fire pit on-site and firewood and fire starter blocks can be purchased at the front desk of the Main Lodge. A heated bathhouse with hot showers and running toilets is located on-site. Guests are advised to bring their own towels and toiletries, none are provided. Water to the RV sites and dump station will be shut off during the cold season, typically November through April, due to the danger of freezing pipes. Water to the bathhouse for hot showers and toilet facilities will remain open during that time. RV/campsite guests are advised to plan ahead and call the Main Lodge at (909) 866-3965 for the latest status.
GENERAL INFORMATION. The following regulations have been established. It is expected that all patrons using the Big Bear Recreation Facility will strictly adhere to these general regulations:
NO PETS ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES. Maximum occupancy per cabin is 6 people (adults, children, infants); maximum occupancy for RV/campsites is 8 people (adults, children, infants). Quiet hours will exist in the facility between the hours of 10 p.m. and 8 a.m. Please be considerate of others when listening to your radio, TV, or another audio device. If you can hear the music outside your cabin/campsite, it is too loud. Remember, sound travels farther in the still night air, so please be especially considerate in the evening.
PLEASE REPORT ANY DISTURBANCE TO THE LODGE ATTENDANTS. Inappropriate behavior or disturbances will not be tolerated. Guests may be asked to leave for failure to comply. The Forest Department permits campfires in approved fire pits and fireplaces ONLY. Only charcoal is to be used in the barbecues. For medical needs, check with the Lodge Attendants. If an emergency arises after hours, there is a door buzzer button at the front door of the Main Lodge to awaken the on-duty attendant. Civilians that are not guests of military patrons are not permitted on the premises. Please notify the staff if unauthorized individuals are observed on the grounds. Driving or parking any vehicle or trailer except in designated areas is prohibited. Vehicles, including motorcycles, will not be driven within the facility except for access or egress. Vehicles should be parked on the asphalt surface at all times. Due to the dry climate, the environment takes a long time to recover from tire track damage. Only motorcycles licensed for the street may be operated in designated areas of the National Forest. Motorcycles must be equipped with a Forest Service approved spark arrester, and be in proper working order. Maps of these areas are available at the Main Lodge and the Ranger Station on the North Shore of Big Bear Lake. Possession of firearms, including air-powered weapons and bow weapons, is prohibited on the facility grounds. The discharging of fireworks is prohibited.