ATV Park - Fort Hood
Come out and spend the day riding your ATV through varying natural terrain right here on post. Permits are required and available through the Sportsmen's Center Area Access Program.
Requirements per person:
To access the riding trails you must utilize the buddy system and have an ATV permit, helmet, gloves, goggles, over-ankle boots and taken the safety course.
- Annual Family package is $50
- Annual individual package is $20
- One-day permit is $5 per person
- No rental equipment is available
ATV Area 111 Rules, Procedures and Guidelines
Rules will be strictly enforced.
- Observe facility property and safety rules at all times. Penalties for violations can include a citation, suspension of ATV privileges, or permanent bar. Report violations observed to the Sportsmen’s Center.
- For emergencies, call 911. Use of ATV 111 is at your own risk and liability.
- All users must sign a Hold Harmless Agreement and obtain an ATV Permit at the Sportsmen’s Center, prior to entry and use of the ATV Area. Proof of Basic Riders Course or ATV Safety Training is required to obtain an ATV Permit for persons 13 years and older. Children under 13 years of age must have a responsible parent/guardian with an ATV Safety Certificate.
- ATV Area 111 users must check-in and out of the area by calling Area Access, +1 (254)287- 5847.
- Dirt bikes and ATV’s are only permitted. No go-carts, dune buggies, 3-wheeled ATVs, trucks, or autos.
- Stay within ATV Area 111 boundaries; do not cross barriers and signs. An ammunition holding area is on the other side.
- Riding is authorized during daylight hours only. A half-hour before sunrise and a half-hour after sunset.
- The buddy system is mandatory. You may not ride alone. A non-rider may be present as your buddy.
- Ride responsibly and no stunt riding.
- No stopping in the riding area, always keeps moving. If you break down, move away from the traffic.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult 18 years or older.
- Conduct that may endanger ATV Area safety is strictly prohibited and will result in user privileges being revoked without a refund of permit.
- No alcohol, drugs, or firearms allowed on the property.
- Protective gear is mandatory while riding. Protective gear will include DOT approved helmet, eye protection, full-fingered gloves, knee guard, over ankle shoes and full-length pants and shirt.
- Check your equipment and top off fuel levels before entering the riding area. No repairs or maintenance of equipment is authorized in the ATV riding area, move equipment to parking area.
- Ground fires and camping is prohibited.
- Respect the environment. Do not litter. If you brought it with you, take it home when you leave. Dumping of any kind is prohibited; especially petroleum products. No glass containers.
- Smoking and flame producing devices or materials are prohibited in the riding area.
- Cease riding when lightening is observed.
- If someone is in an unsafe situation, help them by reminding them of the rules and regulations and if someone reminds you, thank them.