Aquatics - Schofield Barracks
Family and MWR Aquatics program operates 4 pools:
- Richardson, Schofield Barracks
- Tripler Army Medical Center
- Helemano Military Reservation (HMR)
- Aliamanu Military Reservation (AMR)
Richardson Pool at Schofield Barracks and the pool at Tripler Army Medical Center are open year-round, offering Active-Duty physical training hours, lap swim and open swim sessions.
The pools at the AMR and HMR housing areas are seasonal pools, open from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Richardson Pool, Schofield Barracks
The pool is available for Physical Training (PT) on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.
All Units must have a Unit Lifeguard to use the pool for PT. The Unit Lifeguard must provide a copy of his or her lifeguard certification. Call to make a reservation.
*TAMC Pool closes at 1:00 p.m. every first Tuesday of the month and is closed all day every first Wednesday of the month.
The pool is available for Physical Training (PT) on Monday - Friday 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Reservations for a group of 3 or more participants are required. Reservations are received in person at our facility during hours of operation.
Daily Pool Entry Fee:
- Active Duty : No Charge
- Military Retiree: $2
- Family Member: $2
- DOD Civilian: $3
- Guest: $4
- Military Family: $15
- DOD Civilian: $17
- Military Family: $25
- Passes are valid for 30 days from sale date.
Learn to Swim Programs
No swim lessons are currently available at any Army pools.
- Aquatic Safety Exploration focuses on the prevention of aquatic accidents, fitness and swimming skills, emergency response, leadership skills and the professionalism of lifeguards. This class is designed for students ages 11 to 14 and is usually offered at all pools.
- Lifeguard classes include certification in Lifeguarding, CPR/AED, oxygen administration and first aid. This class is designed for students ages 15 and over. Offered only at Richardson Pool.
- Water Safety Instructor course is an advanced class that allows students ages 17 and over to become certified water safety instructors and gives them the ability to teach students how to swim.
- Water Aerobics is a safe and effective exercise alternative; improving the overall level of fitness without stress on the joints. Please call for more information.
Richardson Pool at Schofield Barracks offers year-round youth swim teams. Practices are held Monday through Friday. Tryouts are held from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. for children and youth ages 6 to 18 years.
Plan your next event at any of our pools and you’re sure to have a splashing good time! From covered gazebo areas at Richardson Pool to scenic overlooks at Tripler pool, there’s a spot that’s perfect for your next get-together, just ready and waiting. Contact any of the pools for more information.
- Children 12 and under must be under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian 18 years or older
- Children of kindergarten age and older will use gender-appropriate showers, locker rooms, and bathrooms
- Only properly fitting U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices, types I, II, or III, and are allowed during open recreation swim periods. Parents must be at least an arms reach away from your child while in a life jacket
- No flotation devices allowed in pools unless for classes or under a supervision of a instructor
- Mask, fins and snorkel may be used only in the lane line area
- All infants and children not potty trained must use little swimmer pants or have rubber pants around their diapers
- Food and drinks are not allowed on the deck, no glass containers or alcoholic beverages
- Pool parties must have a signed contract/reservation on file. We cannot accommodate unannounced walk in pool parties
- Learn to Swim students must register with CYS prior to LTS registration for a swim class
Richardson Pool Only
- No swimming under the bulk head (divider of the pool at Schofield Barracks)
- Non swimmers are not allowed past the bulk head
- Slide - must be an avid swimmer. A swim test will be issued upon request
- Diving Boards - must be a swimmer and at least 10 years to use the platform. Make certain it is clear before jumping, dive straight in front. Divers must exit at the ladder.
*Other rules and regulations addressed in official guidance or specific to a pool may not be listed but do apply.