- City and Installation Guide (New)
- Installation Listings (new)
- Adventures Unlimited (McChord Field) - Joint Base Lewis McChord
Adventures Unlimited (McChord Field) - Joint Base Lewis McChord
Outdoor Recreation Activities and programs are open to all patrons including those with disabilities or other special needs. Reasonable accommodations will be made so that those with disabilities or special needs can participate in our offered programs and activities. For information on reserving Overlook Park, please call us.
Our activities and facilities are for authorized users only, including active duty military, reservists, National Guard, Family members, military retirees and DOD civilians.
POV Resale Lot at McChord Field (Lemon Lot) To register your POV, trailer or boat for resale on our POV resale lot, bring proof of insurance and registration for the vehicle being sold. You can register for up to three weeks at a time. The fee for a car is $5 a week, $10 for a vehicle or item taking up 2 spaces and $15 a week for an item requiring our biggest spaces. You may pay weekly or for the whole time; however, if the item sells before the time is up on your reservation, no refund will be given.
Priority 1: Active Duty living on base
- Required to bring Title and ownership of RV or BOAT, must state active duty's name, and must provide a Welcome letter or lease agreement for on-base housing.
- All tabs and registration must be up to date.
- If you are claiming to live in "Barracks" or "Dorms" as a single Soldier or Airman. You must provide a letter from your Commander or First Sergeant stating proof of on-base living with an existing contact number directly to his secretary or himself to honor the letter.
- *Because of the limited spaces we have and to accommodate our active duty on base, these regulations must be enforced.
Priority 2: Active Duty off-base
- Required to bring Title and ownership of RV or BOAT, must state active duty's name, and must provide a Welcome letter or lease agreement for off-base housing.
- All tabs and registration must be up to date.
Priority 3: Reservist/Retirees
- Required to bring Title and ownership of RV or BOAT, must state Reserve/Retiree’s name, and must provide a Welcome letter or lease agreement for off-base housing.
- All tabs and registration must be up to date.
Storage Rental Policy
- Minimum duration for storage is one month.
- Advance payment for the first month is required. We do not pro-rate for the month.
- Access to the storage facility is available 24 hours a day. Upon renting storage space, all renters are issued their own individual entrance code.
- Repair, maintenance or cleaning of storage item while in storage is not authorized.
- Stored equipment will be neat and tidy. No car parts, boxes or other items will be left on or around the stored item.
- An oil drip pan will be provided and maintained by the renter for all motorized equipment.
- All equipment stored must be mobile and all vehicles are required to have wheels (no junk recreational vehicles).
- Customers are not permitted to sleep overnight in our storage lot. Customers will lose the privilege of using the lot if this rule is violated.
- All paperwork must be completed before we issue the lock code.
- Please ensure that your vehicle does not go past the space size. This will only cause damage to your vehicle as well as another at your own expense.
- Only one recreational vehicle per space is allowed. No other recreational vehicle is allowed in the space but the one listed in your file.
- All payments must be made before your next due date.
Rent equipment online! (desktop computer link)
Printable brochure Updated 1 OCT 19
Equipment Rental Periods
The equipment is offered based on availability and at the discretion of the manager. Daily Rate Monday through Friday equipment items can be picked up from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the date reserved for. All equipment must be returned by 2 p.m. on the due date. Items returned after that time on the same day will be charged an additional $25. Items returned after their due date will be charged the daily rate plus the $25 late fee per day. Weekend Rate Applies to items rented over a weekend (i.e. the weekend rates are from noon Friday to 11 a.m. on Monday, no exceptions). Any additional days will be added to a weekend rate. Example: Item picked up Thursday at noon and returned Tuesday at 11 a.m. This item would be charged a weekend plus two days. Reservations Travel trailer, boats, grills and utility trailers can be reserved up to 30 days in advance. All other items are checked out on a first come, first served basis. Reservation Cancelations Customers are required to pay for 100% of the rental at the time of reservation. Cancelations made within 7 calendar days will not receive a refund. Cancelations made outside 7 calendar days will receive a full refund. Rental Equipment Damages and Delinquencies The user is responsible for full restitution of value of any equipment lost, damaged or stolen. If you cannot return the items on schedule, contact our office to explain the situation; this may prevent additional charges. All items issued will be checked upon return. Inspect Each Item Checked Out Before Leaving the Facility Please take proper steps to inspect all equipment before you check it out and notify a staff member of any obvious damages or lack of cleanliness; this may prevent additional charges. If no problem is noted on the receipt, it will be assumed the equipment is issued in good, clean, damage-free condition. Damage or loss of any items will be charged to the user for the cost to repair or replace the item in accordance with base regulations. Rental policy • Renter agrees to return equipment in the same condition as it was issued. Renter is responsible for any lost or damaged equipment. • Early returns will not be credited. • Does not include loading and unloading, tie-down straps or rope. • Fuel (gasoline, propane, charcoal, etc.) must be full upon return.
Camping trailers In addition to the general policy, the following applies: • Please ensure towing requirements are met, improper towing setups may result in loss of reservations. Refunds Refunds will be issued only by approval of the Director of Outdoor Recreation. Other than special circumstances (i.e. medical emergency, deployment or other military job related tasking), absolutely no refunds will be issued. Proper official documentation is required for special circumstances. Eligible Patrons Eligible patrons include active duty military, Department of Defense civilian employees, U.S. military Retirees and members of the Armed Forces Reserve (18 years or older). Family Members of the above groups, 18 years or older with a military/government ID card are also eligible.
Reservable items are marked with a bullet: • Regular Reservations: Rockwood Pop-up and 16' Jayco trailers require the cleaning fee deposit ($100).
|Axe, Wood (Hatchet)||$3|
|Baby Backpack Carrier||$5|
|Backpack, Day Pack||$10|
|Backpack, Youth Day Pack||$2|
|Camp Chair, Small||$2|
|Camp Chair, Folding||$5|
|Coleman Stove, Propane, two-burner||$10|
|Cook Kit (small)||$3|
|Cook Kit (large)||$6|
|Sleeping Bag, 4-Season||$13|
|Backpack Tent (2–person)||$20|
|Dome Tent (3–4 person)||$20|
|Dome Tent (6–person)||$25|
|16' Amerilite Travel Trailer||$95|
|16' Jayco Travel Trailer||$95|
|Rockwood Pop-Up Camper||$75|
|Open Utility Trailer 5x8 (2,990 GVW)||$60|
|Open Utility Trailer 7x16 (7,000 GVW)||$60|
|Enclosed Utility Trailer 5x8 (2,990 GVW)||$85|
|Enclosed Utility Trailer 6x10 (2,990 GVW)||$85|
|Enclosed Utility Trailer 7x14 (3,500 GVW)||$85|
|Enclosed Utility Trailer 7x16 (7,700 GVW)||$85|
|20-ft. Coachmen Pilot||$130|
|• Gas Grill on Trailer||$95|
|• Dunk Tank||$100|
|• 18' Hewescraft Sportsman w/115 HP||$185|
|• 17' Boat w/115 HP||$180|
|• 16' Lund w/25 HP||$85|
|• 15' Skiff w/25 HP||$80|
|• 14.5' Alumacraft w/25 HP||$75|
|• 15' Lowe 16-ft. Ski & Fishing Boat w/90 HP||$180|
|• 15' Lowe 16-ft. Ski & Fishing Boat w/115 HP||$185|
|6 HP Outboard Motor||$20|
|9.9 HP Outboard Motor||$20|
All motorboats come with a trailer and required safety equipment; PFDs, distress signals, fire extinguishers, oar, and a fuel cell as is.
|• Necky Kayak||$40|
|• Nantucket Kayak||$40|
|• Sit-on-Top Kayak||$40|
|• Kayak Double Person||$45|
|• Canoe (14' & 16')||$40|
|• Kayak/Canoe Trailer||$20|
|12' Rowboat (car top)||$30|
|Personal Flotation Device||$5|
|Knee Board Set (board, PFD, tow rope)||$15|
|Stand-Up Inflatable Paddleboard||$40|
|Water Ski Set (skis, PFD, tow rope)||$15|
|Wake Tube Set (tube, PFD, tow rope)||$15|
|Wake Board Set (board, PFD, tow rope)||$20|
|Badminton Set (4 rackets, net, birdies, poles)||$8|
|Balls (football, basketball, soccer, volleyball)||$1|
|• Bounce House||$175|
|• Folding Chair||$2|
|• Folding Table (5' or 6' long)||$8|
|Ice Chest (large)||$10|
|Ice Chest (small)||$5|
|Softball Set (3 bats, 3 balls, 4 mitts, mask)||$5|
|Vacuum Jug (2-gal)||$1|
|Vacuum Jug (3-gal)||$2|
|Vacuum Jug (10-gal)||$6|
|Volleyball Set in carrying case||$12|
|• 10 x 10 EZ Up Canopies||$68|
|• 10 x 20 EZ Up Canopies||$100|
Your vehicle owner’s manual provides towing Towing Requirements
weight capacity. Patrons are required to obtain travel trailer insurance before rental. For the pop-up trailers and 16-ft. Jayco trailers: • Permanently mounted hitch • Hitch height 15 to 22 inches off the ground • 2-inch ball • 7-way round connector • Electric brake sending unit (not necessary, but recommended for the pop-up trailers) For the 16-ft. Amerilite trailers: • Permanently mounted hitch • Hitch height 15 to 22 inches off the ground • 2 5/16-inch ball • 7-way round connector • Electric brake sending unit For 5x8-ft. and 6x10-ft. utility trailers: • 2-inch ball • 4-pin flat • Ball height not to exceed 20 inches For 7x14-ft. and 7x16-ft. utility trailers: • 2 5/16-inch ball • 7-way round connector • Ball height not to exceed 18 inches • Electric brake sending unit
Cargo Capacity Utility Trailers
• Open 5x8: 2,200 lbs. • Enclosed 7x14: 2,000 lbs. • Enclosed 5x8: 1,900 lbs. • Open 7x16: 4,700 lbs. • Enclosed 6x10: 1,600 lbs. • Enclosed 7x16: 5,000 lbs.
Camper Trailer Amenities
16-ft. Amerilite Trailers: Kitchen w/sink, 2-burner stove, 3-way fridge, microwave, shower/toilet, W/S/E hookups, heater/AC, sleeps 2–4 people. GVWR 3,810 lbs., cargo capacity 1,310 lbs., UVW 2,500 lbs. 16-ft. Jayco Trailers: Kitchen w/sink, 2-burner stove, 3-way fridge, microwave/conventional oven, shower/toilet, outdoor shower, W/S/E hookups, heater/AC, radio, electrical awning, sleeps 2–4 people. GVWR 3,500 lbs., cargo capacity 1,250 lbs., UVW 2,555 lbs. Pop-Up Trailers: Kitchen w/sink, 3-burner stove, fridge, fan/heater, W/E hookups, manual awning, sleeps 4–8 people. GVWR 3,255 lbs., cargo capacity 1,359 lbs., UVW 1,896 lbs. Length open: 20-ft., 1-in. Closed: 15-ft., 4-in. Propane tanks go out full, and are expected to come back full. If necessary, propane will be available for purchase.
You must have a Washington State Boater Education ID card or equivalent in order to rent a pontoon, jet ski or motorboat. To obtain a Washington State Boater Education ID card, visit boatus.org/washington, register, and complete the exam. Upon completion, print out the certificate and bring it or your permanent boater card to the office when you rent a watercraft. For a Paddle Sport certification (canoe, kayak, stand-up paddleboards), visit http://www. boaterexam.com/paddling.