Navy College – NAVSTA Norfolk

The Navy College Office, (NCO) Naval Station Norfolk, Norfolk, VA provides a wide range of educational programs and services. To enhance educational achievement among Sailors, the NCO offers programs to meet all needs from basic academic skills to postgraduate programs. This cross-section of opportunity reflects the goal of the education system to give all personnel the opportunity to recognize and achieve their highest potential and maintain readiness.

Read More

Aberdeen Proving Ground (ID Card Locator)

Site ID: 102083

Important Site Information:
Acceptable Identity Documents :

Department of Defense List of Acceptable Identity Documents require that all Applicants provide two forms of identity source documents in original form. The identity source documents must be bound to that applicant and shall be neither expired nor canceled. If the two identity source documents bear different names, evidence of a formal name change must be provided.

Primary Acceptable Documents:

Driver’s license or an identification (ID) card issued by a state or possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph; U.S. Military ID card; U.S. Military dependent’s ID card; or Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Card, U.S. Passport or a U.S. Passport Card; Permanent Resident Card or an Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form 1-551); Foreign passport; Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form 1-766)

Secondary Identity Document :

The secondary identity source document may be from the list above, but cannot be of the same type as the primary identity source document. Secondary Identity Source Document includes an expired Common Access Card (CAC) or Uniformed Services Identification card may be used as a secondary identity source document for reissuance of the same type of identification card, but is not acceptable for initial issuance.

Secondary Identity Document :

U.S. Social Security Card issued by the Social Security Administration; Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority, possession, or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal; Secondary Identity Source Document ID card issued by a federal, state, or local government agency or entity, provided it contains a photograph; Voter’s registration card; U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card.

Secondary Identity Document :

Secondary Identity Source Document Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561); Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570); U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form 1-197) Secondary Identity Source Document If the primary source document is a foreign passport (e.g., Italy), the secondary source document should not be another foreign passport (e.g., France)

Required Documents:

All required documentation must be original or certified copies, any foreign documents must be translated into English by an official government translator.

Required Documents:

Two (2) forms of UNEXPIRED identification, one must have a picture from local, state, or government agency (i.e. Drivers License, Passport, Military ID) Birth certificate, Social Security Card.

Required Documents :

For issuance of family member ID Cards, the sponsor must be present to sign the DD Form 1172. If the sponsor is not available, the family member must provide a DD Form 1172 signed by the sponsor and the ID card facility, or have a valid (POA) Power of Attorney.

Power of Attorney (POA):

If you are not accompanied by your sponsor you will need a valid General or Special POA. (Special POA must state ID Card issuance and DEERS Enrollment)

Fulltime College Student (Age 21 – 23):

All College students age 21 – 23, must bring a letter from the registrar’s office stating that they are enrolled full time in an accredited college in pursuit of an Associate Degree or higher. The sponsor must be present at the time of the appointment.

Military Retirees:

You are required to bring a copy of your DD Form 214 (Copy 4) and retirement orders. Reserve/National Guard Retirees must provide Orders/Letter transferring to Retired List and authorizing retired pay. If you are Medicare eligible you must present Medicare Card. Must have two (2) valid, unexpired forms of identification.

Service Connected Disable Veterans (DAV):

1. Service Connected Disabled Veterans must provide Letter from Department of Veteran Affairs showing member as an honorably discharged veteran rated as 100 percent service connected, authorizing commissary store and exchange privileges. 2. Must provide DD Form 214; Must have two (2) valid, unexpired forms of identification. 3. If you are adding your spouse please provide original marriage certificate, birth certificate and social security card.

CAC PIN Reset/Locked/Blocked:

If you received an error stating you have been BLOCKED or LOCKED OUT or you have an INVALID PIN error you will be required to reset your CAC. This action will be conducted as a Walk-In service no appointment is needed for a CAC reset.

Lost or Stolen ID Cards :

All lost or stolen ID cards must be reported to your Contracting Officer for contractors, Civilian Personnel for Civil Service employees, you are required to bring in a lost memo signed by your agency on letterhead. You must have two (2) valid, unexpired forms of identification.

Read More

JBAB, PSD Washington DC (ID Card Locator)

Site ID: 102136

Important Site Information:

ID offices are currently APPOINTMENT ONLY. ID services are restricted to: Initial CAC issuance, AD/RET Dependent Enrollment/Disenrollment, Lost/stolen CAC or USID ID cards, CAC/USID expiring within 30 days. WALK-IN FOR PIN RESETS and email updates only. If you have an emergent (work-stoppage) CAC need, please contact the office directly by phone.

COVID-19 Procedures – Face Masks:

All individuals on DoD property, installations, and facilities are required to wear cloth face coverings. Please follow CDC guidance.

COVID – 19 Screening Questionnaire part 1:

If you answer YES to the following questions DO NOT Access our facility. Schedule your appointment after you can answer NO to all the screening questions below. Please follow CDC guidance.

COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire Part 2:

Are you CURRENTLY SICK with any of the following symptoms? Fever, Cough, Sore Throat, Shortness of Breath? If you have answered YES to the question please DO NOT Access our facility.

COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire Part 3:

Have you had CLOSE PERSONAL CONTACT, with anyone who has been diagnosed or awaiting test results for COVID-19 in the past 14 days? If you have answered YES to the question, please DO NOT Access our facility.

COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire Part 4:

Have you TRAVELLED internationally in the past 14 days? Have you TRAVELLED domestically (U.S.) outside your local area in the past 14 days? If you have answered YES to the question please DO NOT Access our facility.

Phone Number and Location:


Scheduling for Multiple IDs/Transactions:

To ensure the appropriate amount of time is booked to complete multiple ID Cards or transactions, please book back to back appointments. Schedule one (1) appointment for a Common Access Card (CAC) and/or one (1) appointment for two (2) Family Member ID’s

Appointment Late Policy:

Please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment. Appointments may not be honored more than 5 minutes past the scheduled appointment time.

Same Day Appointments / Walk-Ins Not available:

Same day appointments are NOT available. Walk-ins are Not available. Please call (202)433-4012 for more information.

Identification Requirements:

ALL Sponsors, Spouses, and Dependent Children 18 and older must have two UNEXPIRED forms of ID to receive a new ID card. One must be a state/government issued photo ID.

IDs no longer acceptable:

ID card offices can no longer accept the following: Student ID, Expired IDs (including Driver’s Licenses on Military Auto-extend)

Acceptable Identification Examples :

Primary: Military ID, Driver’s License, Passport. Secondary: A second Primary ID or Social Security Card, voter’s registration card, Birth Certificate, or Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC) . All must be unexpired in original form.

Acceptable Documentation :

All documents presented must be in original form or a certified true copy. The record custodian (Vital Statistics, Clerk of the Court, etc.) must certify certified copies. Military personnel offices, legal offices, and the like cannot certify documents to be a true copy.

Changes to your DEERS record :

If any changes need to be made to a record, the sponsor must be present OR a valid Power of Attorney must be presented each time. Additionally, valid supporting documentation MUST be provided

90 Day Renewal Policy :

In most cases, IDs can be renewed 90 days prior to the expiration date (exception: Promotions, Contract Extensions, and Tricare Young Adult.

ID Card Scanning :

All Military Installations have begun scanning ID cards for Base access. If you currently hold an older ID with the SSN printed, it may not scan properly and will be confiscated. Renewal of the ID will then be required.

Dependents without sponsor present :

All Dependents without a Sponsor present must have a valid DD Form 1172-2 pre-printed by a DEERS station that has been signed by the Sponsor and a Verifying Official ahead of time. 1172-2 forms can be hand filled but must be notarized and be originals.

ID Card Office Online :

DD Form 1172-2 can now be completed online at: Sponsors with a CAC or DS log-in access can digitally sign the 1172-2 and the electronic copy will be available for use in their DEERS record.

Retiree ID Cards :

Due to a recent system update, Pre-Medicare Retiree ID cards with a previous INDEF end date will now be issued with an expiration date. The front expiration date will now reflect the date of the end of Tricare/Begin date of Tricare for Life.

Lost or Stolen CAC (All Branches) :

All military personnel whose CAC has been stolen must bring a theft report from a Police Station. For lost CAC Cards documentation from sponsoring agency reporting it lost.

Adding children to DEERS :

Child enrollment required documents: birth cert. & social security card. Stepchild: the marriage cert. is also required. Illegitimate child: Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity or Judicial Determination of Paternity is required as well.

Adding Spouse to DEERS :

When adding a spouse to DEERS, the sponsor must bring the following documents for their spouse: Marriage Certificate, birth certificate (preferred), social security card, & a unexpired photo ID.

100 percent Disabled American Veteran :

For first time DoD 100 percent DAV ID issuance the following documents are required: DD 214, VA Award Letter, State or Federal Government Issued Photo ID and Social Security Card.

Foreign Documentation :

All foreign documents MUST have a certified English translation (if applicable) AND an Apostille or Consular certification. Contact the document issuing facility to obtain authentication certification.

Sponsor Required on Base :

Please be advised, for JBAB Boiling Navy ICA Office, that in order to enter the base, one must have a sponsor present with them, if their CAC, Military, or Dependent ID is expired or non-existent. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact our Visitor Center at 202-767-5505.

Full Time College Students :

Must present a letter from the school’s registrar stating current enrolled/registered full time in an accredited college in pursuit of an Associate Degree or higher. Sponsors must also certify on the 1172-2 form they provide over 50 percent support to the child.

Full Time College Students Expiration :

Full time student IDs are now issued to the end of the current semester, graduation date (if information is provided on school letter) or age 23 if occurs sooner.

Students turning 21 during summer break :

Students who were enrolled as a full time student for the semester or session immediately before the break may be eligible for an ID card during break if they are accepted or enrolled full-time immediately after the break.

Young Adult Program :

As part of the Heath Care reform, there is now a young adult program available for your dependents. For children 21 to 26 who are not married or covered by an employer sponsored health plan. Contact TRICARE for more info.

DEERS Hotline 1(800)538-9552:

To avoid unnecessary trips to the ID Office, call the DEERS Hotline to: Update your address, Check your record before arriving to ensure required info has data-fed into the record, Identify the appropriate point of contact for your specific DEERS record.

Cancel / Reschedule appointments :

Customers will need to know their confirmation number to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Please keep a copy of your appointment confirmation in the event you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment.

Verify Requirements :

If the information above does not pertain to your situation, please call the ID Card Office BEFORE arriving to ensure the DoD requirements will be met for your requested DEERS transaction to take place.

Grooming Standards:

Per DoD regulations military members are required to meet grooming standards for ID card issuance. If not within grooming standards, supporting documentation must be provided.

Read More

JBSA, Wilford Hall ASC (ID Card Locator)

Site ID: 102195

Important Site Information:

Normal business hours Monday through Friday, 0800 to 1500. Closed all federal holidays and Air Education & Training Command designated family days. Commercial: (210) 292-7144; Email:


Due to the continued spread of COVID-19, and the Department’s limited ability to return Identification (ID) Card facilities to normal operations while complying with all safety precautions, the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness has extended all ID cards expiring on or after January 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021. This extension does not apply to holders of Common Access Cards.


Review site information in its entirety. Bring all required documents-see specific requirements below, please call 210-671-6006 or 7741, if you have questions. All documents must be in English or include a certified translation.


Services offered for Common Access Cards expiring within 30 days and Uniformed Services Identification (USID) cards (retiree, dependent, 100 percent Disabled Veteran, and Tricare Care Young Adult) expiring within 60 days.


Each appointment time scheduled will accommodate one customer, therefore if you need multiple cards produced, each person will need an appointment time. All customers must sign in NLT 10 minutes prior to appointment time. If you arrive 10 minutes past your appointment time, your appointment will NOT be honored. Customers will need to know their confirmation number to cancel/reschedule an appointment. Please keep a copy of your appointment confirmation page. Do not schedule an appointment for a Common Access Card Personal Identification Number reset (service is provided via walk-in ONLY)


Online issuance and renewal services include the following categories. 1. Initial Issuance of Dep/Ret (initial issuance age increased from 10 to 14) 2. Replacement of lost/stolen Dep/Ret ID card 3. Change in affiliation (examples include AD to Retired/Retired to 65/100 percent DAV/Age 21 to 23 full time student/Age 23 with Tricare young adult). 4. All expired ID cards (Non-CAC). Link for application process:


If you have an error of “SMARTCARD is Blocked, please visit our office to “UNBLOCK” your CAC (Pin Reset). However, if the error states “ACCOUNT is Locked”, please contact your Network to “UNLOCK” your Account. Air Force- Comm Focal Point 210-965-2666, Option 2, Option 2.


All customers requesting a Common Access Card or Uniformed Services Identification card (retiree/dependent), if 18 years of age or older, must present two forms of identification. One form of identification MUST be an UNEXPIRED photo identification. (NOTE: School/work badges are not acceptable forms of identification). Additionally, please review the below categories of transactions for unique documentation requirements. A list of acceptable documents can be found at


All documents presented must be in original form or a certified true copy. The record custodian (Vital Statistics, Clerk of the Court, etc.) must certify certified copies. Military personnel offices, legal offices, and the like cannot certify documents to be a true copy.


Sponsor must provide marriage certificate, spouse’s birth certificate, spouse’s social security card. All documents must be originals or certified copies. MIL-TO-MIL couples must provide Marriage Certificate, Spouses Birth Certificate, Spouses Social Security Card, and Spouse must provide one form of identification (SEE ABOVE). If your Spouse is a Foreign National, Sponsor must provide a marriage certificate, valid passport, and birth certificate. All foreign documents must be translated in English by a certified translator.


Sponsor must provide Certified Original or Court Certified Copy of the Divorce Decree or Death Certificate.


Sponsor must provide the following documents: NEWBORN: Birth Certificate or authenticated Certificate Of Live Birth (signed by physician or designated representative) and Social Security Card. If a stepchild is being added, the Marriage Certificate must also be provided. CHILD BORN OUT OF WEDLOCK: FEMALE Sponsors: Birth Certificate and Social Security Card; MALE Sponsors: Notarized State Acknowledgement of Paternity/Court Order Establishing Paternity, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card. NOTE: As long as another family member is enrolled in TRICARE Prime, newborns are covered for 60 days from DOB and adopted children are covered for 60 days from effective date of adoption.


Under new Department of Defense guidance, dependents are issued initial dependent identification card at age 14. Contact our office to learn of exceptions to the policy.


College students (21-23) must provide the following: Letter from registrar’s office (school letterhead required) or the National Clearinghouse ( confirming full-time status & expected graduation date in an Accredited Institution for Higher learning in pursuit of an Associate Degree or higher. Sponsors must also certify on the 1172-2 form they provide over 50 percent support to the child.


All data must be previously input through Civilian Personnel Center/Human Resource or Trusted Associate Sponsorship System manager. DoD Civilians deploying must have a DD Form 2365 or Letter of Authorization. Contractors deploying must have a SOFA agreement, SPOT Letter of Authorization, and a DD Form 1172-2 requesting the overseas card. Members retiring must have a SF Form 50 or memorandum from Civilian Personnel. Contact your HR department for family member base access eligibility requirements.


Provide Retirement Orders or DD Form 214 (Copy 4)


If you are turning age 65 and will be eligible for TRICARE FOR LIFE, bring your Medicare card to your ID appointment. While the Department of Defense has lowered the age for issuance of an identification card to 65, execution of the policy change is pending Real-time Automated Personnel Identification System software update.


Award letter from the VA rating you at 100 percent disabled due to service connected disability, DD Form 214 with honorable service characterization verifiable, birth certificate, social security card.


As part of the Heath Care reform, there is now a Young Adult program available for your Dependents. For Children 21 to 26 who are Not Married or is Not Covered by an Employer Sponsored Health plan. It is a premium based health care plan available for purchase by qualified dependents. TYA includes medical and pharmacy benefits, but excludes dental coverage, Exchange/Commissary eligibility, and MWR entitlements. Sponsors must verify dependent eligibility with their TRICARE office. Once verified by TRICARE, a DEERS/RAPIDS office will be able to process a new dependent ID Card. Contact TRICARE for more information.


Full details on applying for Secondary Dependency consideration can be found through the Defense Finance and Accounting Service website at Secondary Dependency determinations include Parents/Parents-in-law, Incapacitated Dependents over the age of 21, and Legal Custody Wards.


For lost Common Access Card, a lost ID card MFR must be completed by the member and signed by their supervisor, First Sergeant or Commander.


Provide promotion order or virtual Military Personnel Flight promotion printout.


Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard will need to be within the regulation standards for ID issue (clean shaven, hair, make-up, jewelry).

DEERS HOTLINE 1(800)538-9552:

To avoid unnecessary trips to the ID Office, call the DEERS Hotline to: Update your address, Check your record before arriving to ensure required info has data-fed into the record, Identify the appropriate point of contact for your specific DEERS record.


JBSA, FT. SAM HOUSTON 2410 JESSUP RD BLDG 4023, RM 208 JBSA FORT SAM HOUSTON, TX 78234 (210) 221-0415; JBSA, RANDOLPH AFB 802 FSS/FSMPS 550 D St. East, Suite 3 Bldg. 399, Rm. 124, JBSA-RANDOLPH, TX 78150 (210) 652-3036 ; JBSA, LACKLAND 802/FSMPS 1561 Stewart Street, Suite 4 Bldg. 5616 Rm. 131, JBSA LACKLAND, TX 78236 210-617-6006

Read More